I’m in love

DaisyW

Location (City and/or State)
El Monte, CA
Hi everyone! My name is Daisy, and I’m a new owner of a sulcata tortoise.

I began taking care of two little sulcata torts a couple months ago, after my mom impulse bought them.

In the beginning I was pretty reluctant to keep them, as I was never into tortoises. And due to my lack of research into how I should raise these babies, one of them passed... I later read somewhere that I probably shouldn’t have kept them in the same enclosure and that I didn’t have enough heat for them.

After poor Jimmy passed I felt so much regret that I didn’t give them proper care..but this really pushed me to do better with Jimmy jr.(renamed in honor of Jimmy). Since then I’ve been doing a lot more careful research from trustworthy sites and Jimmy jr is doing really great! I’m also open to any advice anyone would like to share here!

I just had to share this after Jimmy jr crawled onto my hand on his own and fell asleep

I really fell in love with my baby

Here are some pics:
35DF5E5A-DED8-4661-8F9A-19CE6678DEED.jpeg
147C00FA-6B2B-429C-9856-913C66FCE7FB.jpeg
This down here is from tonight
CE389F5A-83B1-4D8C-B0E1-D380FD75A850.jpeg

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Sorry for the loss of the original Jimmy. Glad too read though that your now hooked.
As Tom said in his post most info out there is wrong and bad.
Please stick to the info on this forum. Our experienced members like Tom has spent many months, years and money to research and experiment the best and proper care possible and they offer up their experience and endless help to the rest of us freely.