I am a bad mom!

Lisa Bradford

Location (City and/or State)
Georgia
I feel like the worst tortoise mom ever! I forgot to take out my baby sulcata out of the water. He soaked for 6-7 hours! He seems to be doing ok. What signs should I be looking for if he gets sick? He was under his heat lamp but his shell is very wet. I feel so bad.

teresaf

5 Year Member
Port Charlotte, Florida
Well if you're a bad mom that means I'm a bad mom as well... We have these new spangled phones that have so many alarms on them that can be easily set but we still don't set them... I don't think any lasting damage will have occurred however you may want to use your alarm from now on. Maybe the one on the oven?

Lisa Bradford

Georgia
Well if you're a bad mom that means I'm a bad mom as well... We have these new spangled phones that have so many alarms on them that can be easily set but we still don't set them... I don't think any lasting damage will have occurred however you may want to use your alarm from now on. Maybe the one on the oven?

Lisa Bradford

Georgia
Thank you I will for sure do that! I have been so worried, I keep going to his habitat and waking him up to make sure he is doing ok!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
LOL, I'm guilty. I have done that several times over the years. None of mine got sick. I would just warm them back up with yet another soak as they got cold and then put them back in their warm enclosure. They all did just fine.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Man, if I had a dollar for every time I did that… I'd have like, six dollars…

Seriously though. Its no big deal. My buddy Dean soaks his baby tortoises for six hours a day on a regular basis. He puts them in a large kiddie pool half in the sun with a little water in it and they stay outside all day like that. Of course he monitors the temp very carefully, but the point is that it does no harm.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I think almost all of us belong to this club.