I am a hero LOL!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angi

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
La Mesa, CA.
I am quite proud of myself. As many of you know I had a horrible snake phobia most of my life. Well I doubt anyone knows how bad it was, but it was so bad that I had left peoples houses crying if I found out they had a snake. I would freeze if I saw one in a public place and could not go in pet shops. It was started when I was very young (before I can remember) by my grandmother who was afraid of them, so conditioned her kids and grandkids to be afraid of them also. Any way 11 years ago I unknowingly moved to an area that is FULL of snakes. Well I had to get over my fear. It was a slow process, but I have really come a long way. Today I went outside to pick a lime and I had to walk down a bank with some ice plant on it. I looked down and stuck in some landscape netting was a skinny long snake trapped. I got my son, snake tong and scissers and cut the netting while my son held it's head and freed it. So I feel good. I saved an animal plus moved forward with my fear. I hope this makes up for the rattle snakes I have killed over the last 9 years.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
So proud of you :D. You see, they aren't all so bad after all. Now as for the rattle snakes. Well, if it was a matter of you or a loved one, or them, well then it's okay that you had to kill them. On the other hand, if it was just because you were scared, well that's not so okay, but we will let it slide:p:D. Just remember, they don't want to be around you, any more then you want to be around them. :)

Len B

10 Year Member!
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
Good for you, and all the snakes that you may come across in the future.The fear of snakes is not a natural fear, it is taught during childhood.

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
Wellington~ THANKS! The rattlers come very close to my house. I know they don't want to hurt us, but most people get bit around here because they don't see them.

Len~You are right. My Grandmother was a bit crazy. A phobia is horrible. After 35+ years of living in fear I feel free.

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
The Republic O' Tejas
Angi said:
I am quite proud of myself. As many of you know I had a horrible snake phobia most of my life. Well I doubt anyone knows how bad it was, but it was so bad that I had left peoples houses crying if I found out they had a snake. I would freeze if I saw one in a public place and could not go in pet shops. It was started when I was very young (before I can remember) by my grandmother who was afraid of them, so conditioned her kids and grandkids to be afraid of them also. Any way 11 years ago I unknowingly moved to an area that is FULL of snakes. Well I had to get over my fear. It was a slow process, but I have really come a long way. Today I went outside to pick a lime and I had to walk down a bank with some ice plant on it. I looked down and stuck in some landscape netting was a skinny long snake trapped. I got my son, snake tong and scissers and cut the netting while my son held it's head and freed it. So I feel good. I saved an animal plus moved forward with my fear. I hope this makes up for the rattle snakes I have killed over the last 9 years.

Blessings upon you for saving one of the gods' most sacred of creatures! :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.