I am crying too

Status
Not open for further replies.

FunnyGirl

5 Year Member
Robyn-

I just read your post and I am sorry.

I too have my own tears to shed. My best friend of 15 years and four months passed away this morning at 6:30 AM. My dog Funny is now living at the rainbow bridge. I am in total shock right now and don't know what I am going to do without my very best friend.

I have had Funny as long as I have had ET. I haven't told him yet.

My heart is broken.

terryo

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Staten Island, New York
Valerie ...I am so sorry. I think we all know what a great sadness it is to loose a beloved pet. My heart goes out to you. Be strong.............

twtraudio

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Very sorry to here this Funny will be in my prayers

Weloveourtortoise

5 Year Member
Gardner, MA
I am so sorry that you have lost you best friend. I know it is so hard. It the worst part of allowing these wonderful pets to capture our hearts and become our lives. My thoughts are with you and Funny.

Gulf Coast

5 Year Member
Mississippi Gulf Coast
Im so sorry you lost your best friend.

As Weloveourtortoise said, "It's the worst part of allowing these wonderful pets to capture our hearts and become our lives.."

My heart is breaking with you.. Its a road I have went down many times and say I will never go down again, but then I see people who have NO PETS, they dont share their life with anything and to me they seem so boring.. I have to have some thing to baby, treat special in my life.. They give my life meaning..

Give ET lots of special hugs because its going to be hard on him too.. and he may have troubles understanding.

Stazz

5 Year Member
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Awww Valerie !! I am so sorry to hear the sad news. You got to remember the wonderful 15 years you had with Funny.
Thinking of you through tough times! Sending you loads and loads of hugs

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
I hope FUnny says hi and plays with all my friends that are there waiting for me. you will survive this. you have to for those that still count on you and those that you dont even know yet, that will come into your life.
hang in there...

K9KidsLove

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Valerie...I am so sorry for your loss. Hugs to you and to ET
Patsy

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
Valerie I went to your website to see "Funny". What a beautiful dog and friend you've had for all those years. I'm so sorry for you, but the Rainbow Bridge seems to make it easier to think of how happy they are when they're playing free again without pain or suffering. My thoughts are with you.

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Oh, Valerie, I am so sorry to hear Funny has gone on ahead. I know how dear she was to you. But just as the poem Rainbow Bridge stated she is gone from your life but never absent from your heart. Hugs and thoughts are being sent to you my friend.

FunnyGirl

5 Year Member
Thanks guys. Sorry for putting this on the wrong board. I had no idea this one was here. I am handling it a lot better than I thought I would be. I expected to just fall apart. Funny had a good life and I will miss her horribly but she had been going downhill for the past four months and I knew her time was close. She went quietly on her pillow with my dad in attendance. My last memories of my FunnyGirl are of her standing in the living room, my kissing her head, and telling her I woud see her on Sunday. I absolutely LOVED that dog. I also think I may be a bit medicated and thus have not really accepted the fact that she is gone. I am kind of in an emotional hole. Has this ever happened to any of you?

I did put Fun's pillow out on ET's deck and Bicker Boy went out to lay on the pillow. T isntantly knew it wasn't her and moved away. I wish I had taken more pictures of Fun and T sunning together. I think I have one. I did show her body to BickerBoy and PowerBall but I failed to show her to T. Do you think animals understand death?

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
Valerie I do think they understand it just not the way we do. I think they actually handle it better sometimes. It will take time for you and the other dogs to heal, but you will. The sadness will subside and the fond memories will take over. Until then know that most of us understand what you're going through and we're thinking good thoughts for you and your dogs.

Stazz

5 Year Member
I believe animals I understand death Valerie. When I was born, my parents bought a puppy at the same time. He was an INCREDIBLE border collie,George :) the black and white sheep dog (like in Babe the piggy movie)- I grew up with him, my whole life was all about him. My parents were divorced, and he lived at my Grandma's house, I visited him every day that I could...the one wknd he arrived to come say hello to me, and he went to his favorite sunny spot to sunbathe, curled up in a little ball. My grandma had a parrot, who had been around for years too, and knew George well, they were friends. I was 16, so was he, when he died.George passed away in his sleep while I was visiting there, and Harry (the parrot) would not come sit on my shoulder at all after we found George, he ignored all of us and kept going to George's ball....I know he knew !!! Animals are amazing. The animals you have will help you grieve too, they know when you're sad!!! (My grandmother does Pet therapy at her retirement home :) - helps her!)

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Valerie, I don't think any one of us who has ever really loved someone or something and had it move on, has not experienced that deep dark emotional hole. Fortunately those that depend on us actually help comfort us and give us strength. As we move forward the pain gets less and those fond memories help to decrease that sharp emotional pain you are currently feeling. I know you realize she is now pain free and smiling down on you and the other pups, oh and ET, giving you all kisses.

Valerie, I don't think any one of us who has ever really loved someone or something and had it move on, has not experienced that deep dark emotional hole. Fortunately those that depend on us actually help comfort us and give us strength. As we move forward the pain gets less and those fond memories help to decrease that sharp emotional pain you are currently feeling. I know you realize she is now pain free and smiling down on you and the other pups, oh and ET, giving you all kisses.

And I truly believe animals understand death, as others have stated, perhaps not in the same way, but they recognize it, and they recognize your sad and unhappiness. Hold them close and let their strength lift you. Time will lessen the sharpness of the pain. They will help you heal.

FunnyGirl

5 Year Member
Thanks again guys. I have had a number of different pets in my life but Funny is my first real loss. I never lost a horse as I rehomed most of them when I could no longer provide a good life for them. Funny helped me through a difficult drug withdrawel and recovery, a very sad family crisis, a heart-breaking breakup with my boyfriend, as well as a very sad and lonely move to Minnesota. I remember balling and balling because I was so unhappy living in a 100 year old farm house with no electricity on the 2nd floor, managing a hog farm 45 miles away from a nail shop and movie theater. I was just so broken wondering why I ever chose to move to that god-forsaken land of frozen trees and -70 degree windchill. This was in the Winter of 1995/1996. I remember crying until there was nothing more left of me when I rolled over on Funny's Kong. Next thing I noticed, Funny had gone all over the house and brought me every single one of her toys, including her water bowl to try to make me happy. I knew once again that the Lord had really blessed me with that dang dog.

Stace- three of my other dogs are certified therapy dogs as well as service dogs who love to work geriatrics. My dog BickerBoy is a therapy dog and a service dog who has five of eight children that are also therapy dogs (3 are service dogs). Funny was my public education dog. When she was younger I used to take her to schools and fairs to teach kids about responsible dog ownership. They all loved her because they thought she was a Dalmatian. She changed a lot of hearts.

What kind of parrot was Harry? Did he ever recover from the loss of George?

Missing my girl!

Stazz

5 Year Member
Valerie that sure is amazing. I am sure you change many a life and heart, no matter young or old !!! My grandmother looks forward to her pet therapy twice a week, she is like a kid opening a Christmas present knowing that Milo the cat and Red the dog are coming to visit - so you make a lot of geriatrics happy I tell you that :)

Harry IS an African Grey - I think he may outlive me :) He is VERY very tame, talks the hindleg off a donkey, loves people and other animals. He took a long time to recover the loss of George, it was amazing. My Gran has a photo of George in her lounge, and Harry says Hi George now :p Quite cute

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
I totally understand where you are coming from Valerie. We had an English Bull Terrier, that my sons bought me for Christmas. When my second son was going through withdrawal from drugs, he would take Blue for long walks. At night when he couldn't sleep, Blue would lay next to him to keep him warm. My son was clean for one year before he died from Hep. C. He was very sick, and Blue never left his side. Blue slept by the door downstairs and would never come up the stairs again. If we brought him up, he would go down again. He totally stopped eating and I used to hand feed him. Nothing helped and one morning when I went down stairs, he was gone. There isn't one night that I don't go to sleep that I don't cry for Blue and my son.....not one. Blue had no closure, and just kept waiting for him to come home. When I hear of people being cruel to animals, it sickens me. Sometimes they have such human qualities. My heart really goes out to you.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
I just read the rainbow bridge poem and I am tearing up, which is something I dont usually do. what a beatiful thought to carry with you, please forgive any spelling errors I can't see to clearly right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.