I AM IN NEED OF SOME HELP!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Itort

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Iowa
If you have done your research and feel you can undertake the responsibility of a tort, I would suggest the Russian over the hingeback. Why I say this is the hingebacks are for the most part wildcaught and can be quite heartbreaking as far as health. I say get a captive born and bred Russian.

cmosuna

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Stanton, CA
bigred said:
To answer your question a russian tort would probably get use to his new home and be out and about more than a hingeback would. I have never owned either but just from what Ive learned about them. Just be super nice to your parents for awhile til you get the tort:D:D:D Then you can turn into yourself again:D:D:D Kids do this all the time, My stepdaughter just walked into my room and had me sign a paper from her school that she didnt want her Mom to see. She said that I owed her because I always eat all her candy that she hides from me-- She is 12. If you get the tort it does need daily care and keep safe from predators and escaping. Good luck and turn on the old charm and maybe even do the dishes. Then they will for sure know U R up to something..........
Oh and listen to ASCOTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree about the Russian, they are confident and voracious and seem to handle change in stride. They stay relatively small and are fairly easy to care for. Red I eat my daughters candy too, and when she complains I tell her she can start paying rent instead =)

Micheal Gibbs

5 Year Member
well If can I ask you that do have any single income source except your Parents? Have you thoroughly researched the two species you mention here? I mean, the heat lights, uva and uvb lights...the enclosure...the substrate...the hide...the plants to use to create a hiding spot...adult or baby...how many years of your life you will commit to a long living reptile? There is so many things that you have to think about.

Status
Not open for further replies.