I am new and I want to know if I am doing things right!

vadoredouardo

Location (City and/or State)
Florida
i would love to have the custom one but it is too expensive for me so i think about the first one but it take months apparently

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
Welcome to you and your tortoises! Stick around here - these folks are the best!!! Good luck and thanks for your determination and patience.

vadoredouardo

Florida
I just moved in, and I got a subroom in my room, so perfect place to get a new tortoise table. So I have at home a very big storage box in plastic that maybe could to the deal and it is a least a 100 gallons. I heard that sulcata don't do well in pairs but good in small groups such as 3 or 4, so do you think i could get two more and keep them in the same knowing that they are small.:tort:

Chubbs the tegu

Ma
I just moved in, and I got a subroom in my room, so perfect place to get a new tortoise table. So I have at home a very big storage box in plastic that maybe could to the deal and it is a least a 100 gallons. I heard that sulcata don't do well in pairs but good in small groups such as 3 or 4, so do you think i could get two more and keep them in the same knowing that they are small.:tort:
Uhm.. you are having trouble trying to house 2 right now so probably not the best idea to have 4

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
And do someone now how to create humidity becuase i dont in my enclusure i think
To achieve humidity your substrate needs to be real damp. Then cover the top of your aquarium with tin foil. This is only temporary. I think you are using repti bark for your substrate. That's good. Do yourself a favor and save money also. DONT listen to the pet store. They are there to make money and most don't have the proper knowledge. Like soaking only once a week. WRONG! Get your tried and true info here.
Hang in there! There is lots of info to consume.

vadoredouardo

Florida
the smallest of my tortoises jst got bubbles caming out of her mouth and nose during their daily bath

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
the smallest of my tortoises jst got bubbles caming out of her mouth and nose during their daily bath
Don't put them in deep water please. Water level should be just to where the top and bottom shells meet. Water should be just a little warm and be kept warm while they are in it and they should be closely watched in case they tip over on their backs and drown.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Please don't get anymore torts until you have learnt how to look after the ones you have properly in separate enclosures with their own uvb sources, basking lamps and possibly che for night heat. You will have to double up on everything.
Bullying has already started - following, staring, hogging food and nudging (often mistaken for cuddling) are all examples of bullying behaviours which cause stress and can make torts ill. It starts like that and ends up with damaged shells and expensive vets bills and even death. The one on the receiving end is probably already having a miserable life so the sooner you separate them the happier they will both be.
As you probably know sullies will grow very,very big and they are strong enough to damage and demolish fences.
The more torts you have the more space you need so that they can each have their own big space.
Also don't accept everything the pet store tells you about aftercare - their main concern is profit and they often sell unsafe equipment like those steep waterdishes which are a drowning hazard or coil lamps which can damage tort eyes. Always check here before buying anything as we could save you a lot of money and help you keep your torts safe.