I am new and I want to know if I am doing things right!

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Palm Bay Fl
ok thank yo I saved 250 dollars so if someone can show me what i need
What Technocheese posted would work fine. Maybe @Chubbs the tegu can give you advice on what he used for heating and lighting. Also if there is any drawbacks now that it's been used for awhile.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
the smallest of my tortoises jst got bubbles caming out of her mouth and nose during their daily bath
Any other time do bubbles come out the nose during the day? Do you hear any wheezing? If the little guy has a respiratory infection. Bullying from the other stressing him out can contribute to that. Also improper heat temps. Let's hope it's just from soaking.
Like Tammy J said fill water up to where the top and bottom shell meet.
Where do you live in Florida? I live in Palm Bay. I don't know if I am close enough to help you out.

vadoredouardo

Florida
the bubbles are just from the soak, i heard one time wheezing in their enclosure but that it.
I live in Pinecrest, search Gulliver School on google map and it's 100 meters from it

kanabella

5 Year Member
I just moved in, and I got a subroom in my room, so perfect place to get a new tortoise table. So I have at home a very big storage box in plastic that maybe could to the deal and it is a least a 100 gallons. I heard that sulcata don't do well in pairs but good in small groups such as 3 or 4, so do you think i could get two more and keep them in the same knowing that they are small.:tort:
Before you get 2 see hours

vadoredouardo

Florida
Since you need 2. I would buy 2 of a smaller size. Maybe like a 36"×36" or a little larger.
Since you need 2. I would buy 2 of a smaller size. Maybe like a 36"×36" or a little larger.
I can only use one and separte it with a plastic or cardboard wall between both and they still have a 1 meters times 2 meters times 2 meters ech which is big

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
I can only use one and separte it with a plastic or cardboard wall between both and they still have a 1 meters times 2 meters times 2 meters ech which is big
Ok use plastic, cardboard will soak up water.

vadoredouardo

Florida
ok so I will buy this, two long light uvb, 1 more hide, heater but not light for night, a lot of substrate, some plants that can grow and eat, and change the coil bulb that can get eye problem. I am missing something?

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
There is a recent thread where someone shows how they have set up a grow tent as an enclosure for one tort, but I can't find it at the moment
Sullies need space to roam so it won't last you long.
They will also try to barge barriers so it would have to be pretty strong.

Donna Albu

5 Year Member
Peoria, Maricopa County, AZ
There is a recent thread where someone shows how they have set up a grow tent as an enclosure for one tort, but I can't find it at the moment
Sullies need space to roam so it won't last you long.
They will also try to barge barriers so it would have to be pretty strong.
I was looking for that thread and couldn't find it either. We ended up with one baby sulcata born 2 weeks ago following the monsoon, and since it's been over 15 years since we've had one living inside, I mostly need to start over and I loved that idea. If anyone finds it, please let us know where to find it!

Chubbs the tegu

Ma