I Am Very Worried…

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Why is there a barrier in the middle?
That is a 2x4 for support. It is attach at the top of the 2x12, and they can walk under it. It is there to prevent warping and make the whole thing more sturdy.

Someone could make a divider in the middle if they were using this for sunning small tortoises and wanted to keep them separate, like someone who breeds two different species, for example.

MaNaAk

Southend
I looked into it a bit more. I think I overshot the temperatures, going off of a thermometer there, and they seem more appropriate. The lamps also go off at night.

I would let him outside, but I feel very cautious of him getting hurt, especially since there is a dog who probably doesn’t know he exists (good).

If he’s not interested in what he will eat, I don’t see him becoming interested in new foods.
Can you get hold of an outdoor pen where you are?

MaNaAk

MaNaAk

Southend
Going off of the advice I've gotten, I think it would be easier to just build one. I do think it might be a good idea.
I've got a pen for my Greeks and it's very safe and convenient. Here in the UK their favourite food is dandelions. Your tortoise should also eat grass and a bit of calcium powder would do him the world of good.

MaNaAk

Nicholas Mahoney

Boston, MA
That is a 2x4 for support. It is attach at the top of the 2x12, and they can walk under it. It is there to prevent warping and make the whole thing more sturdy.

Someone could make a divider in the middle if they were using this for sunning small tortoises and wanted to keep them separate, like someone who breeds two different species, for example.
I noticed him sticking his head out and moving it. I heard that this indicated a breathing problem?