I buy my tortoise food from turtle source.

Luvziggy

I buy my tortoise food where I bought my tortoise. The turtle source. Anyone have any suggestions on if it is as healthy as mazuri

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Greetings. You didnt really say what kind(s) of food it is that you purchase from The Turtle Source. So, list those out. Mazuri seems to be the tried and true tortoise chow that most people use and recommend.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I buy my tortoise food where I bought my tortoise. The turtle source. Anyone have any suggestions on if it is as healthy as mazuri

I'm not familiar with what food options they offer. You'll have to tell us a bit more about it.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
I use Dajana and Friskies Optimal (tortoise food, not cat food!) which I think are great (for Tidgy, I don't eat them.Much).
What brand have you bought ?

Luvziggy

All I know is when I bought my tortoise it came with food and they said that is what they feed all their tortoises and I have read good reviews on their tortoises so I figured the food must be good. I feed him way too many things to name them all I live in the country so I can feed him lots of diff things a day for example mulberry leaves I have grape leaves all the grasses you can imagine I pick dandelions I have blackberry leaves rose leaves rose of Sharon's planted all over my yard I have gava bushes way to many to name. Let's just say he gets a variety I also chop up Timothy hay and add it to his wet turtle source food.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
All I know is when I bought my tortoise it came with food and they said that is what they feed all their tortoises and I have read good reviews on their tortoises so I figured the food must be good. I feed him way too many things to name them all I live in the country so I can feed him lots of diff things a day for example mulberry leaves I have grape leaves all the grasses you can imagine I pick dandelions I have blackberry leaves rose leaves rose of Sharon's planted all over my yard I have gava bushes way to many to name. Let's just say he gets a variety I also chop up Timothy hay and add it to his wet turtle source food.
Yep, a mixed fresh diet can't be beaten. :)

Speedy-1

St. David Arizona
If that is what he is used to and he is eating it , along with a varied diet I doubt it will do any harm .

Former Member

gone
You did not say how old or big your turtle is now.
I am curious why you would bother with pellets?
With a yard like that why would you better off letting yours grase.
Green fresh food is always better then any chow produced.
My turtle is over 90 lbs and has never had turtle chow.
I do not give him fruits with the exception of bananas ..
He goes crazy over them but only gets them is a treat.
Watch your mulberries and do not let them build up on the ground.
Some animals find them toxic but so far my turtle is not interested in the berries.
I have a large yard 100 x 80 ft for the turtle to run around.
I do get green from the grocery store that are being thrown out.
I found what day they recycle there stock and asked for the throw away greens.
I sweetened the deal with a couple of pizzas when i pick up the boxes.
Now they know what i can use so i do not have to sort through the greens.