I can no longer use my phone to access Tortoise Forum?

Clunk

Indeed the site is VERY mobile friendly although the ads tend to ruin the formatting on certain parts of the page. I am writing this reply from my Galaxy S3 phone's browser and even uploaded a few screenshots. I wasn't aware that the app was 3rd party, I thought it was a home-brew. I guess some people will miss receiving alerts from the app which is something the browser won't do.

The mobile website is fully functional even from this old S3 so in my opinion the depreciation of the app is no big loss.

Screenshot_2017-11-22-08-28-05.png Screenshot_2017-11-22-08-29-21.png Screenshot_2017-11-22-08-29-59.png Screenshot_2017-11-22-08-42-37.png

Josh

Ask questions, share answers, talk torts!
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Redlands, CA
The apps may be horrible from a sysadmin point of view... and it’s the same on my IT forum... but they keep this place alive and I am not the only one who really hopes a way can be found for them to stay.
Maybe not the only, but so far the most vocal about something you really have no idea about.

Josh

Ask questions, share answers, talk torts!
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
In the past Tapatalk has not been an honest company to work with. they insert their own ads on top of ours, they want to take any media uploaded via the app and host it on their server so that they control access to it. But if we forgive them for their past transgressions as I have currently we pay a monthly fee for an app that isn't well-developed doesn't offer full functionality and has very poor support when we do have problems with it. With the regular site if there's an issue I can fix it by myself.

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
In the past Tapatalk has not been an honest company to work with. they insert their own ads on top of ours, they want to take any media uploaded via the app and host it on their server so that they control access to it. But if we forgive them for their past transgressions as I have currently we pay a monthly fee for an app that isn't well-developed doesn't offer full functionality and has very poor support when we do have problems with it. With the regular site if there's an issue I can fix it by myself.

Thank you

Clunk

I've heard the same complaints from other forum operators. Is this forum accessible via the native Tapatalk app? I went on their website and it is just one big advert, no useful info about which forums are supported, no surprise there. (Not every forum is supported).

The reason I ask is if people want to continue using the app after its depreciation they should be able to use the Tapatalk app itself (and optionally, pay the 99 cents/month for ad-free version). Any problems with accessing this forum via Tapatalk would then be directed towards Tapatalk (good luck with that). This is how the vast majority of forums with Tapatalk support operate.

I can't think of another forum that actually pays Tapatalk for their own custom-branded Tapatalk app which is what Tortoiseforum app is essentially.

jatin sharma

Delhi
Is anyone else having this issue?
For me, it will end my being a member, because 99% of the time, I am unable to have access to a standard computer.
The ap says that "no information" is sent to the server.
It also recommends supporting the forum.........(I do)
Sometimes It happens with me also. It will get fixed automatically within a day or two