I can't get mine to poop

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
For one, so not give calcium every day. Too much is as bad as too little. Just a small pinch 2-3 times a week. Also, torts will eat poop, they may be eating it. Give them a long warm soak in a container big enough for them to move around. Maybe each in its own container. Keep them and the water warm thru the soak. It almost never fails a long soak will make them poop

von345

Ok I'll def cut back in the calcium. I soak them in separate containers it's just weird one wii have nothing, one with have just like this flatly stuff and the other a perfect poop. All get soaked about 30 min so idk. Thank you for the calcium tip

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
One more tip. It's best to make one thread on a subject. I notice now that your other thread I just answered is yours too and about the same thing, pooping.

GingerLove

5 Year Member
Try giving them a bit of canned pumpkin. That helped my tort. At first, Ginger (my tort) refused to eat the pumpkin because of the color and texture, but then I smeared it like peanut butter on a slice of zucchini and cucumber and it became her favorite food. She pooped almost instantly afterward! Usually mine poops once a day.

von345

One more tip. It's best to make one thread on a subject. I notice now that your other thread I just answered is yours too and about the same thing, pooping.
I don't know how to make a thread. Sorry other wise I would have

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I don't know how to make a thread. Sorry other wise I would have
Yes you do, you made this one. You even posted a pic. You did good on it too.
That's okay, just remember for next time. It's really better and easier for you to keep track of the help being given with one thread per problem or all questions in the same one thread.

Jodie

5 Year Member
Spokane Valley WA
So only one is not pooping? Are you sure that one is eating? May just not be pooping in the soak. Do you monitor weight?

von345

Yes I monitor their weight. And Finally yesterday he went alittle. I am trying to grow some African grazing grass and he ate everything that had sprouted.

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
I'd give them soaks in warm water.;)

And as for the thread, well this one is a thread.:D