I Did Another Bee Beard...

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Very neat @Tom - I used to keep bees and attended lots of fairs and exhibitions where the bee beard was always popular. Where did you have the queen, and I presume still in her little cage?

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Very neat @Tom - I used to keep bees and attended lots of fairs and exhibitions where the bee beard was always popular. Where did you have the queen, and I presume still in her little cage?
I had a little queen necklace for this one.

Bambam1989

East Texas
My uncle raises honey bees. He did the bee beard once, said it was all great until it was time to get them off...

Bee62

Germany
Great action ! :)
Lovely beard, but I don`t want to have this one.:D

Jay Bagley

Michigan
That was truly impressive. I know this is going to sound silly, but one of my biggest phobias in life are bees, wasps, and hornets. My friends always tease me because whenever a bee or any stinging insect even gets close to me, I take off running and screaming like a little school girl.

Len B

10 Year Member!
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
Where you the person that assisted in how the bombardier beetle sprayed it's toxins for (i believe) Georgio Tsoukalos. It was shot in super slow motion.

SteveW

I’ve never had a bee beard, but once had a yellow jacket Van Dyke due to drinking from an occupied Pepsi can.

MichaelaW

5 Year Member
Harlingen, TX
That was truly impressive. I know this is going to sound silly, but one of my biggest phobias in life are bees, wasps, and hornets. My friends always tease me because whenever a bee or any stinging insect even gets close to me, I take off running and screaming like a little school girl.
Same here. It's embarrassing.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
You would not be a good candidate to do this job then…

:p

Jay Bagley

Michigan
You would not be a good candidate to do this job then…

:p
Lol, nope I would be in the unemployment line. When I was a kid, I was peeing on a stump out in my families woods. Didn't know it was already inhabited by yellow jackets, long story short... Two stings to my business end[emoji53]

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Nope nope nope. I was stung by a hive when I was a kid. ER visit with 30+ stings including my mouth and throat. I’m allergic to honeybees now

As an 8 year old I would catch honey bees by pressing their wings together. Occasionally I’d get stung. I’d slap mud on it and all would be fine. Then the 8 year old girls stopped being impressed so I quit.
Jump forward 10 years. I had a wild hive in my garage wall. One morning I was out hanging with them and my dog got lucky and actually snapped one and injured it. The bee gods were out and active that morning. It landed on my barefoot of course! I got stung. I we up to the house and made some mud and applied it. I needed to hurry to make it to school. My tongue very soon started to swell. I called my high school counselor then and told her what was happening. She freaked out alittle and told me to meet her out front she was taking me to the Emergency Room at the Hospital! She drove like crazy. We walked in, she said “bee sting, looks allergic!!” They said “meet us at the double doors!”
Some EMT’s were in the ER, the Doctors called them in to view how quickly a person can be affected the EMT’s where somewhat surprised. Only honey bees. None of the other stinging insects can bother me.