Status
Not open for further replies.

cvalda

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Wisconsin
Greeks were climbers like Russians!

Here's a video my son took of his Greek, Dozer, doing his climbing act!

(Click to see the video)

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Oh, yes Kelly My Female climbed out of her new winter enclosure about 2 weeks before she laid her clutch and dropped about three feet to the wood floor. I was in the kitchen and heard a thud and when I went to investigate she was laying on her back on the floor looking rather stunned. It seems they are related to Houdini, for the more I try to keep them in one place the more they want to ( and often do) find a way out. I finally put up triangles of wood over the corners to keep them in the table. I’m not sure when they decide to start to climb because Comet has no interest in trying to climb on anything yet, course she/he is only about 3 months now.

Cute video of Dozer though :)

Rees2

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Santa Cruz California
Yep most people would never suspect to see climbing anything but they do.It must be very hard too_Oh and Dozers cute too.

cvalda

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Wisconsin
Dozer worries me with that climbing! He doesn't "right" himself very easily and I found him later today on his back, just stuck and exhausted (and under the basking lamp, no less)!

I'm going to have put something in those corners to make them slippery. For now I've made the substrate "bumpy" and inclined and stuck a log there so hopefully he can right himself easier.

Coldliz

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Wow!!! He is a climber, determined guy he is!!

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Yeh, I had to move the heat lamp away from the corners just for that reason. It seems that when I put the wood triangles over the corners they both stoped trying to climb there. Maybe they know they can't get out. I don't know but it seemed to work at least for now.

HermanniChris

TFO Sponsor
10 Year Member!
They're all surprsingly good climbers. I have had Hermann's scale a four foot chain link fence before.:( I also hada female ibera get out and was gone for a whole year....she was then found by a friend the following summer.:D

cvalda

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Wisconsin
Wow I wonder where she was hiding for a whole year! Where was she found? Near where she left?

Status
Not open for further replies.