I don’t even know where to begin

zolasmum

5 Year Member
Update most of them arrived this is terrible but the packaging was the worst I have ever seen did not take photos of the inside of the box suffice to say it was worse then the outside 6 of the 7 showed up I guess one of them managed to escape out the giant hole in the side of the box hopefully it’s ok not much I can do anymore and no DOAs of the 6 that showed up
At least they are alive, and no doubt they will be very glad not to be shaken about any more. Please let us know how they are after all this.
Angie

Sarah2020

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
London, UK
Relief they arrived! You can see one drinking so they must be so distressed and dehydrated. Enjoy your new charges from what I see they look nice.

pacific chelonians

SanDiego California
Relief they arrived! You can see one drinking so they must be so distressed and dehydrated. Enjoy your new charges from what I see they look nice.
Definitely going to keep a few of these guys just can’t keep them all I already have over 20 Cherry Heads I don’t want to become too much of a hoarder

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
Glad it ended mostly OK. But very stressful for you and the tortoises!

MenagerieGrl

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
El Sobrante, CA.
I can't help but worry for the lil lost one, Poor thing will most likely perish . . SMH
SAD! 😭

JasperFossils

Holland
Is this something people in the US do? here in the Netherlands we pick them up. I can't imagine shipping one, it sounds so scary to me. Did you get your refund yet?

dd33

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Florida
The shipper obviously didn't know what they were doing but FedEx really messed up here too. They should have never accepted that box in the first place. They probably shouldn't have let it ship slower than overnight since it said live animals on it. If there was a hole in the box it should have been repaired / overpacked at some point. Somewhere along the way it should have been returned to the sender, expedited to you or held for pickup. A whole lot of FedEx people along the way had to ignore the welfare of those tortoises for it to make it all the way to you.

pacific chelonians

SanDiego California
The shipper obviously didn't know what they were doing but FedEx really messed up here too. They should have never accepted that box in the first place. They probably shouldn't have let it ship slower than overnight since it said live animals on it. If there was a hole in the box it should have been repaired / overpacked at some point. Somewhere along the way it should have been returned to the sender, expedited to you or held for pickup. A whole lot of FedEx people along the way had to ignore the welfare of those tortoises for it to make it all the way to you.
It only said live animals in black sharpie and that wasn’t very visible a lot went wrong here luckily everything that did show up was ok

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
I just read this thread and was very happy, and yes surprised that you got mostly what you paid for and you didn't have to bury a dead turtle or 6....that's the worst for me.

Good luck!