"I don't care, you can get all the turtles you want"

jcase

Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Pittsboro, NC
My wife upon learning I picked up a Cuora cyclornata.

Now Ive known she is the best wife for a long time, but I'm not sure if she really understands what she just said. She never saw the "collection" when it was in full swing. The few dozen I have now don't even compare.

jcase

Platinum Tortoise Club
Pittsboro, NC
My wife seems to be alright with me collecting as many animals, Motorcycles etc I want as long as I give her an equal amount of either cash or jewelry.
At least that's my take on it.
We don't police each other's spending habits. I was a broke mess when I met her, so it's all a joke really but you know my first thought was to hit the classifieds and look at those Cuora McCordi and to see if any pyxis or Egyptians we're posted lol

jcase

Platinum Tortoise Club
Pittsboro, NC
Famous last words. My wife is very supportive but not blank check level. And, my wallet is not quite as accommodating either…

I already told you the secret, you get those kids grown, out of the house, and off your car insurance. That teenager car insurance man. I started buying turtles again as soon as they were off it.

Then you sell your home on the west coast and move back home to the South where home prices arnt as insane.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
You hear that. @Tom ?
Already done. Sold one property here and bought a nice mountain cabin here in CA, and a cute little 3 bedroom in GA for when I'm back there. I still think I will end up either in South FL or San Diego CA. Gotta have good tortoise weather.

jcase

Platinum Tortoise Club
Pittsboro, NC
Already done. Sold one property here and bought a nice mountain cabin here in CA, and a cute little 3 bedroom in GA for when I'm back there. I still think I will end up either in South FL or San Diego CA. Gotta have good tortoise weather.
Man the house i jsut sold in the middle of freaking no where, I had it 7 years and it appreciated over 50%.
I can see the future;

"Rehoming turtles; Apparently

"I don't care, you can get all the turtles you want"​

didn't mean what I thought it did"

All motorcycle riders have seen a different version of this same advertisement!

LOL
Yeah motorcycle ... I think that's the one thing she has said I can't buy lol

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I rode a CBR 600 for 22 years. Loved that bike and loved riding it. I willingly sold it when my daughter was around five. It was easy to see the coming mother daughter clash of the titans, and after seeing yet another dead guy on the street under a bloody sheet, I realized that I HAVE to be alive for at least the next 15 years to keep mother and daughter from killing each other. I miss riding daily, but I know I made the right choice. Once daughter is an adult and off on her own, I'll be riding again.

Then I will get to pick out a new bike. That will be fun! I used to be a Honda man, but switched to Yamaha when they pioneered the four stroke revolution with their awesome dirt bikes. We will see what the reviews are saying when the time comes.

jcase

Platinum Tortoise Club
Pittsboro, NC
I rode a CBR 600 for 22 years. Loved that bike and loved riding it. I willingly sold it when my daughter was around five. It was easy to see the coming mother daughter clash of the titans, and after seeing yet another dead guy on the street under a bloody sheet, I realized that I HAVE to be alive for at least the next 15 years to keep mother and daughter from killing each other. I miss riding daily, but I know I made the right choice. Once daughter is an adult and off on her own, I'll be riding again.
Yep, kids will settle some of us down that is for sure. Wildone -> fairly professional functioning adult, in and instant, all it took was some need for responsibility. If it wasn't for the kids, i'd be pursing hots instead of turtles.

TheLastGreen

Johannesburg
My wife upon learning I picked up a Cuora cyclornata.

Now Ive known she is the best wife for a long time, but I'm not sure if she really understands what she just said. She never saw the "collection" when it was in full swing. The few dozen I have now don't even compare.
I wanted to say, if she was your girlfriend and she suggested that, marry her, marry her on the spot, buy a farm, and get every turtle/tort you possibly can and live there in peace???

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
I think I'd like you as a local....

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Man the house i jsut sold in the middle of freaking no where, I had it 7 years and it appreciated over 50%.

I have a very small garage and right now very limited eye sight.
It's a terrible combination for anyone with motorcycles in their blood.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Somehow I thought you were a Florida guy ?in the first place.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Somehow I thought you were a Florida guy ?in the first place.
Only at heart. Born and raised in Cali. Love the scenery, not fond of the politicians and some of the people. I've spent a lot of time in Lousiana and Georgia, a few days in FL, and a few weeks in other Southern states. I've always felt like I belonged there.