"I don't care, you can get all the turtles you want"

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
I think I'd like you as a local....
Many meals would be shared, and beers drunk.
A on again off again perspective of my now ex-wife. They only mattered when she needed some reason to be angry. Otherwise not an issue.
Wait... wives need a reason for that? I thought it was just random and unpredictable.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Only at heart. Born and raised in Cali. Love the scenery, not fond of the politicians and some of the people. I've spent a lot of time in Lousiana and Georgia, a few days in FL, and a few weeks in other Southern states. I've always felt like I belonged there.
Louisiana and Georgia are probably a better fit for you. I don't like their politics in Florida either when it comes to animals.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Many meals would be shared, and beers drunk.

Wait... wives need a reason for that? I thought it was just random and unpredictable.
Well...if it was me or one of the other ladies on here we'd be bugging you to buy more torts ? ya gotta find a tort lover in the first place ????????????

jcase

Platinum Tortoise Club
Pittsboro, NC
Only at heart. Born and raised in Cali. Love the scenery, not fond of the politicians and some of the people. I've spent a lot of time in Lousiana and Georgia, a few days in FL, and a few weeks in other Southern states. I've always felt like I belonged there.
Houses are a lot nicer on the wallet here, food is much better

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Consider South Texas, Tom! Just as warm as Florida with fewer hurricanes.
I do love Texas. I haven't spent time in South Texas, but I know I'd like it. I love Houston. Austin was a little weird, but lots of good music. Dallas was nice.

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
I rode a CBR 600 for 22 years. Loved that bike and loved riding it. I willingly sold it when my daughter was around five. It was easy to see the coming mother daughter clash of the titans, and after seeing yet another dead guy on the street under a bloody sheet, I realized that I HAVE to be alive for at least the next 15 years to keep mother and daughter from killing each other. I miss riding daily, but I know I made the right choice. Once daughter is an adult and off on her own, I'll be riding again.

Then I will get to pick out a new bike. That will be fun! I used to be a Honda man, but switched to Yamaha when they pioneered the four stroke revolution with their awesome dirt bikes. We will see what the reviews are saying when the time comes.
Get a damn Harley!!! I realize it's a different type of riding than a Japanese bike. But it's more fun and more of an image

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
@Tom
my vote (like I had one) puts you in South Texas. It's hot but not humid like Florida and Georgia...housing is cheaper, people are more friendly and property is cheaper so you can buy more and bigger...in my job as a truck driver I traveled the U.S. like your job, only probably yours looked like more fun...My cat and I have walked on the ground in 45 states and made a judgement about where we would live and decided it's South Texass or Colorado Wyoming is third...

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
@Tom
my vote (like I had one) puts you in South Texas. It's hot but not humid like Florida and Georgia...housing is cheaper, people are more friendly and property is cheaper so you can buy more and bigger...in my job as a truck driver I traveled the U.S. like your job, only probably yours looked like more fun...My cat and I have walked on the ground in 45 states and made a judgement about where we would live and decided it's South Texass or Colorado Wyoming is third...
That carries some weight with me. You've seen the whole country and been able to compare. Colorado weather doesn't work at all, and their politics are following CA. Wyoming is wonderful in many ways, but those winters... No thank you. South Texas, South GA, South FL, and Southern CA are the front runners. And when I get wherever I end up, I'll go get all the turtles I want!

jcase

Platinum Tortoise Club
Pittsboro, NC
That carries some weight with me. You've seen the whole country and been able to compare. Colorado weather doesn't work at all, and their politics are following CA. Wyoming is wonderful in many ways, but those winters... No thank you. South Texas, South GA, South FL, and Southern CA are the front runners. And when I get wherever I end up, I'll go get all the turtles I want!
North Carolina has real BBQ and a better power grid.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
North Carolina has real BBQ and a better power grid.
NC is a wonderful state. Been there twice. I like SC too. The problem is that NC also has winter. I'd prefer to avoid winter entirely if I can.

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
I want to ride the motorcycle, not push it. No overpriced junk for me. I'm interested in performance, not image.
There are times when image is a lot. When my third ex-husband wanted a new bike...he would get a basket I think it was called, the older I get the less I remember...anyway he'd pay $200 for the parts, spend the night putting it together and the next day we were riding a 'new'bike...panheads, . Anyway you are most likely correct as my third last ex husband appears to be the last and I just never liked riding behind anyone else...so outside of my patch wearing friends, I know nothing about bikes anymore...too old I guess...

jcase

Platinum Tortoise Club
Pittsboro, NC
NC is a wonderful state. Been there twice. I like SC too. The problem is that NC also has winter. I'd prefer to avoid winter entirely if I can.
My wife is sure enjoying this "winter" down here. Given she hasn't know a winter except up along the northern boarder until we moved earlier this year. Nights are down right cold, but these days in the 60s and 70s ... those were our summer temps last year!

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
I think you qualify for South Texass as #1 Colorado or Wyoming are my first choices for me sans chelonia...

Toombsk16

Brooklyn, CT
Already done. Sold one property here and bought a nice mountain cabin here in CA, and a cute little 3 bedroom in GA for when I'm back there. I still think I will end up either in South FL or San Diego CA. Gotta have good tortoise weather.
Having live on the west coast and east coast, I’d think twice before moving to south Florida. Great vacation spot, but super crowded, expensive and driving is a nightmare. One big city from west palm to Miami. They have built from the intercontinental to the Everglades, so there is nowhere else to go. Anything near I-95 and your in the ghetto. SoCal is expensive, but you don’t have the humidity and as ultra crowded as Florida. Just my 2 Cnts. Georgia, or the Florida panhandle are nice. Tampa and south gulf coast too. ?

Oldbattleaxe

5 Year Member
South South Texas,
IF MOVING TO TEXAS:
-If you do move here to Texas,be like a True Texan and avoid Dallas and Austin.
-Tex-mex. Speak it, Eat it, Live It.
-Enjoy our many motorcycle clubs.
-Don‘t go to the Islands in April.
-Marry a Hispanic. We have bigger families, you’ll get invited to more barbeques.

Cherryshell

Manassas Virginia
IF MOVING TO TEXAS:
-If you do move here to Texas,be like a True Texan and avoid Dallas and Austin.
-Tex-mex. Speak it, Eat it, Live It.
-Enjoy our many motorcycle clubs.
-Don‘t go to the Islands in April.
-Marry a Hispanic. We have bigger families, you’ll get invited to more barbeques.
My brother moved to Houston about two years ago and is finding all of that out but I can personally attest to the last point lol