"I don't care, you can get all the turtles you want"

turtlesteve

10 Year Member!
NC is a wonderful state. Been there twice. I like SC too. The problem is that NC also has winter. I'd prefer to avoid winter entirely if I can.

Inland SC, NC, GA have a plus - it’s much less rainy / humid than the coast and Florida, despite being hot I feel it’s more pleasant to be outside in summer. Unless you are right on the beach, Florida and the gulf or Atlantic coasts are unbearable in July or August.

To me that benefit is worth the trade off of occasionally getting cold. But, I’m still warm enough to grow palms and citrus and our ground doesn’t freeze.

MenagerieGrl

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
El Sobrante, CA.
I rode a CBR 600 for 22 years. Loved that bike and loved riding it. I willingly sold it when my daughter was around five. It was easy to see the coming mother daughter clash of the titans, and after seeing yet another dead guy on the street under a bloody sheet, I realized that I HAVE to be alive for at least the next 15 years to keep mother and daughter from killing each other. I miss riding daily, but I know I made the right choice. Once daughter is an adult and off on her own, I'll be riding again.

Then I will get to pick out a new bike. That will be fun! I used to be a Honda man, but switched to Yamaha when they pioneered the four stroke revolution with their awesome dirt bikes. We will see what the reviews are saying when the time comes.
One of My Ride's! "69" Trophy TR25w

My Triumph Trophy 2500002.JPG

My other Ride is a "58", Tiger T110

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Inland SC, NC, GA have a plus - it’s much less rainy / humid than the coast and Florida, despite being hot I feel it’s more pleasant to be outside in summer. Unless you are right on the beach, Florida and the gulf or Atlantic coasts are unbearable in July or August.

To me that benefit is worth the trade off of occasionally getting cold. But, I’m still warm enough to grow palms and citrus and our ground doesn’t freeze.
I like the inland weather in south Florida and it's not crowded at all. As a matter of fact you can drive for miles and not see a single car. Most people move to the coasts but that's not where the country is. A lot of it has been taken over by sugar cane fields though ?

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
I like the inland weather in south Florida and it's not crowded at all. As a matter of fact you can drive for miles and not see a single car. Most people move to the coasts but that's not where the country is. A lot of it has been taken over by sugar cane fields though ?
My property in Catawba SOUTH Carolina is in the north central part of the state.
My home in Florida is smack dab in the middle of the suburbs. 11 miles inland
Its night and day

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
My property in Catawba SOUTH Carolina is in the north central part of the state.
Its night and day
I lived about 25 miles inland in probably one of the the most unsettled parts of Florida. I was used to having a public library here in Ohio. That would look up things for me on the internet. NOT THERE. It felt like dropping off planet earth. I hated it at first. But then I came to love it. The swamp has it's own beauty.

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
Its night and day
My very first load when I was in training was to Louisiana...California girl truck driver in the South . Oh lordy, I experienced humidity in July that made it hard to breathe, plus reverse racism, Even if I was first to unload if there was a black male driver that they knew...I might wait a long time to get unloaded, then to Florida where the giant bugs every where, grocery stores and gas stations...bugs. Then I noticed that Miami drivers were WAY outa line...I'd be going up an on ramp and a line of cars would pass me on the righthand shoulder, a freakin line, not just one car.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
No worries, I stuggle not to detail threads. I did write a reply earlier about it but never submitted it. I found it hilarious

PS mustard doesn't belong in BBQ
It's a South Carolina thing.
Everything has mustard and/or vinegar in it

jcase

Platinum Tortoise Club
Pittsboro, NC
Things escalate, and this time it wasn't even me...

My daughter wanted an axolotl after going to a reptile show, which considering for much of the year our house sits at 75f isn't ideal. My wife actually suggested we get her a turtle for Christmas.

This little guy or gal is currently sitting in a bin hidden away next to my cyclornata waiting for Christmas. Its not the axolotl or alligator snapper she wanted, me I think it will do.

Attachments

• PXL_20211216_163957593.jpg
    PXL_20211216_163957593.jpg
    201.7 KB · Views: 19

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA
My very first load when I was in training was to Louisiana...California girl truck driver in the South . Oh lordy, I experienced humidity in July that made it hard to breathe, plus reverse racism, Even if I was first to unload if there was a black male driver that they knew...I might wait a long time to get unloaded, then to Florida where the giant bugs every where, grocery stores and gas stations...bugs. Then I noticed that Miami drivers were WAY outa line...I'd be going up an on ramp and a line of cars would pass me on the righthand shoulder, a freakin line, not just one car.
Haha I go to visit my brother in San Diego and ? when the humidity gets over 40% and he cries! My limit for tennis is 90 degrees and 80 humididty for being in the sun.In the shade its almost 98/90. So humidity will not scare me away. Winter is another story and it is an edited version we get in Richmond, but more than we want. So further so we go after I retire!

ZenHerper

New Jersey
Things escalate, and this time it wasn't even me...

My daughter wanted an axolotl after going to a reptile show, which considering for much of the year our house sits at 75f isn't ideal. My wife actually suggested we get her a turtle for Christmas.

This little guy or gal is currently sitting in a bin hidden away next to my cyclornata waiting for Christmas. Its not the axolotl or alligator snapper she wanted, me I think it will do.
Can't go wrong with any Cuora.

Enjoy the suspense and the surprise!