I dont know what to do

turtlelady917

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
denver
Hi all. I came across this picture in a Facebook group and I have emailed the Dubai turtle rescue and the ministry of environment and not gotten help or a response. How can we report this matter? Can anything be done? Screenshot_20181205-024834_Facebook.jpeg

Abu Dhabi
You did your part in emailing both the rescue and the ministry, and if one of them successfully sees the message you sent, they'll probably reclaim those turtles and send them to the Rehab Project. As a person living in the UAE (and reptile lover in general), people like this guy keeping sea turtles in a freshwater tank and other forms of irresponsible animal harm infuriate me to no end. Thank you for helping to save them.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Are they sea turtles or are they pig nose turtles?

Abu Dhabi
Sea. the shell and the oval shape of the front flippers makes it clear. Pig-noses have more irregular front flippers with obvious digits.
These are baby green sea turtles (which happen to be endangered and CITES appendix 1)

Last edited:
Abu Dhabi
And since there appears to be goldfish in the background, these are clearly being kept in freshwater. Who knows what they'll get into if they're not rescued soon...

turtlelady917

5 Year Member
denver
You did your part in emailing both the rescue and the ministry, and if one of them successfully sees the message you sent, they'll probably reclaim those turtles and send them to the Rehab Project. As a person living in the UAE (and reptile lover in general), people like this guy keeping sea turtles in a freshwater tank and other forms of irresponsible animal harm infuriate me to no end. Thank you for helping to save them.
I hope so.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Since sea turtles are endangered I agree. Turtlelady did the right thing. If everything is legal then no harm will actually be done by reporting this. I'm sure if the site has sea turtles, they probably need documentation with a proper enclosure.

Mohsin khan

karachi,pakistan
i live in karachi pakistan and i have witnessed it my self yess these are green sea turtles which are captured in eggs and the newly born turtles are introduced to freshwater the to the sea which is illegal i have also treid to report this but its done on large scale thus its aa endangered species

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
i live in karachi pakistan and i have witnessed it my self yess these are green sea turtles which are captured in eggs and the newly born turtles are introduced to freshwater the to the sea which is illegal i have also treid to report this but its done on large scale thus its aa endangered species
Yes. I'm hoping and praying your voice reporting this will help. Who in the world has an ocean to keep a pet in???