I dont think Hermy likes her new house too much

Status
Not open for further replies.

Isa

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Montreal, QC, Canada
Hello All

yesterday morning, I put Hermy in her new tort table. I will post the pics tomorrow because I cant transfer pic from my computer to photobucket from the computer at my house, so I will do it at work tomorrow. I thought everything was perfect for Hermy and I thought she would be really happy, but I dont think she is really happy right now, and I would like to know if her behavior is normal. Here are the temps:
basking spot 91,4-95
hot side 80,6-87,80 (right side)
Middle 75,2-82,4
Cold side 73,4-77

Yesterday, she only hate 4-5 little pieces of greens, she walked all day long (till 6PM) all around her now house and she kept of her head inside her shell. This morning when she woke up, she did not eat (she always eats the morning, usually she is a pigglet). she still keeps 50% of her head in her shell when she walks or when she does not move and she is very very scared of me.

Usually she sees me in front of her (she was in a terrarium) now she sees me on top of her, maybe that is why she is scared. To make her eat, I had to give her carrots. She walks super fast all around or she does not move at all.

On the right (hot side) I have a 100W 15'' from the ground and a 10,0 UVB 12'' from the ground. In the middle of the tort table I put a 50W red light. Since I have no top (like the terrarium) it is cold in her house. If I dont put a light in the middle it is going to be too cold (the dimension are 2'5 * 7. The temp in my house is 71,6 so maybe I should get a plexiglass and cover her cold side with it, what do you think?

I am really worried :( I hope it is a normal behavior.

Let me know what you think please?

Thanks

Isa

hystrix

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Hi, Isa

Give her a few days to settle down :)

Isa

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Montreal, QC, Canada
Thanks for the advice Hystrix.

You are right, I was almost acting the same as her when I moved in where I live now. I was all sad and I missed my old place. But a couple of days later, I was doing better.

Isa

Status
Not open for further replies.