I feel awful, but I need your help!

Grace-Sophia

Location (City and/or State)
Texas
Hello all, for those of you that might not know I am the worlds most INDECISIVE PERSON on this planet. I am like this with many aspects of my life but one of the things I am MOST indecisive with is my tortoise names. This one poor tortoise of mine has gone through multiple names (at least he's still young lol) but my issue is I have never seemed to find a name that I absolutely love and want to stick with for 100 years +
Ive gone through multiple names as I thought he was a girl for a while, now that I know he's a boy I need a good solid name. Some may know this tortoise as "Dunkin" but I just don't feel like it matches his strong outgoing personality (It more seems to me like a softy name) But I am curious as to what some of your name suggestions might be. I have one that I particularly LOVE but I want to know what y'all think. He has a brother named Murfi, so here's the name.... MARVIN! I like ti because it sounds nice and strong and very personable. What do you guys think? Any suggestions? I also like Kermit lol!

Attachments

• IMG_0633.JPG
    IMG_0633.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 12

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Lol. I usually pick human names.
I like the name you picked. But just so you know, the tortoise doesn't care if you change his name daily. Unlike a dog or cat and a few other animals that gets used to being called by one name, a tortoise couldn't give a hoot.
So name him and if you don't like it down the road change it

OliveW

Branford, FL
Marvin is an awesome name!

My poor boy has been through four names in less than three months. His first name was a girl name because we assumed he was a girl. We still don't know for 100% sure that he's a boy, but we're 95% sure, so he is on his third boy name.

My granddaughter cannot say Tortimer or Tortoise, she calls him Turtle-iss. That may end up sticking.

zolasmum

5 Year Member
Lol. I usually pick human names.
I like the name you picked. But just so you know, the tortoise doesn't care if you change his name daily. Unlike a dog or cat and a few other animals that gets used to being called by one name, a tortoise couldn't give a hoot.
So name him and if you don't like it down the road change it
I think Marvin is a pretty good name - looking at him,it seems to suit him, and it would go well with his brother's name too - and also you could refer to him as Marvin the Marvel, if appropriate !
Angie

Owllea

NE Kansas
I’m glad I’m not the only one that changes names on reptiles several times. Sometimes you just need to get a feel for them…and turtles/tortoises grow and move at a much slower pace than your average fluffy critter.
My favorite so far is our grandma calling them “tortresses” almost like fortresses, which is actually quite fitting.

Warren

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Balto. MD
Hello all, for those of you that might not know I am the worlds most INDECISIVE PERSON on this planet. I am like this with many aspects of my life but one of the things I am MOST indecisive with is my tortoise names. This one poor tortoise of mine has gone through multiple names (at least he's still young lol) but my issue is I have never seemed to find a name that I absolutely love and want to stick with for 100 years +
Ive gone through multiple names as I thought he was a girl for a while, now that I know he's a boy I need a good solid name. Some may know this tortoise as "Dunkin" but I just don't feel like it matches his strong outgoing personality (It more seems to me like a softy name) But I am curious as to what some of your name suggestions might be. I have one that I particularly LOVE but I want to know what y'all think. He has a brother named Murfi, so here's the name.... MARVIN! I like ti because it sounds nice and strong and very personable. What do you guys think? Any suggestions? I also like Kermit lol!
The M&M Brothers!

Grace-Sophia

Texas
I think I'll go with that, Marvin and Murfi
The M&M brothers according to @Warren hahah
Thank you all for the suggestions and for making my most indecisive self get some therapy! lol!!

Last edited:

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
As long as they each have their own space and enclosures they'll be happy with any name so go for one you like.
I have a male called Lola - doesn't do his street cred any good but he doesn't seem to care.

Grace-Sophia

Texas
As long as they each have their own space and enclosures they'll be happy with any name so go for one you like.
I have a male called Lola - doesn't do his street cred any good but he doesn't seem to care.
Oh yes, they both have HUGE enclosures and lots of decor, along with a fully wired electrical system, I turn on their lights with a household light switch you have on your walls 🤣 they also have a fridge ALL to themselves and are treated like kings... they are a lil spoiled... just a little tho:rolleyes:🙃

Gonz

Jersey city
Hi he definitely looks like a Monty shirt for Montgomery (Cliff) 😉

ColumbiaJane

5 Year Member
You know he only wants to hear your voice and see what you are offering for breakfast. Just don’t call him”Late for Dinner “😂(sorry 🤣)😂

Grace-Sophia

Texas
You know he only wants to hear your voice and see what you are offering for breakfast. Just don’t call him”Late for Dinner “😂(sorry 🤣)😂
Oooh if I was late for dinner….

Attachments

• 7DD13588-8018-41D6-A485-ABCA25AABB72.jpeg
    7DD13588-8018-41D6-A485-ABCA25AABB72.jpeg
    673.4 KB · Views: 6

William Lee Kohler

5 Year Member
Eugene, OR
How about Indiana as take off from indecisive? I'm dying to know what kind of tortoise this is? You never said.