I felt like taking pictures this a.m....

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
The first two pictures are the Manouria emys phayrei. The big one climbing over the other one is Medea, at about 65lbs. Phay, is on the left in the first picture and Darth, the male, is the one being climbed over. Phay and Darth are still growing, but Medea has stayed the same basic weight - 63-65lbs for the past several years. She's wild caught and the other two are captive bred.

The next two pictures are of little Phayree (Fairy). She hatched here about three years ago.

And the last picture is of my adult female Manouria emys emys, Little Emmie (mep) and a Mee that I bought a couple years ago from Michael Rajmaker (sp?) in Sacramento.Manouria 07-27-14 a.jpg Manouria 07-27-14 b.jpg Manouria 07-27-14 c.jpg Manouria 07-27-14 d.jpg Manouria 07-27-14 e.jpg

I haven't yet figured out this picture program. I tried to have my writing in between the pictures, but can't figure it out.

Yes, I know the beaks need attention. William and I file them about once a year, and that time is coming up.

You may (or may not) remember the thread about Little Emmie. I couldn't get her to eat so I sent her up to Oregon because my sister is real good at head starting baby tortoises. She's growing like a weed now, and lives with the Mee until she gets a bit bigger.

mchong9606

10 Year Member!
What a great group of Manouria you have! Thanks for sharing your photos.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I didn't realize they got that big. Very nice looking torts. So glad the baby is doing good and so cute. I do remember you sending her up to Maggie.

Abdulla6169

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Dubai/New York
I'm so happy she shared those photos, they are very good :D
*claps*

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Awesome. Typical Manouria in those pics. Climbing all over each other. Just love this genus.

Flipper

MO, USA
I'm happy you were in a pic mood today :) they're all fantastic!

The last one with the arm on the other one tickles me :rofl: :p

emysbreeder

5 Year Member
The first two pictures are the Manouria emys phayrei. The big one climbing over the other one is Medea, at about 65lbs. Phay, is on the left in the first picture and Darth, the male, is the one being climbed over. Phay and Darth are still growing, but Medea has stayed the same basic weight - 63-65lbs for the past several years. She's wild caught and the other two are captive bred.

The next two pictures are of little Phayree (Fairy). She hatched here about three years ago.

And the last picture is of my adult female Manouria emys emys, Little Emmie (mep) and a Mee that I bought a couple years ago from Michael Rajmaker (sp?) in Sacramento.View attachment 89084 View attachment 89085 View attachment 89086 View attachment 89087 View attachment 89088

I haven't yet figured out this picture program. I tried to have my writing in between the pictures, but can't figure it out.

Yes, I know the beaks need attention. William and I file them about once a year, and that time is coming up.

You may (or may not) remember the thread about Little Emmie. I couldn't get her to eat so I sent her up to Oregon because my sister is real good at head starting baby tortoises. She's growing like a weed now, and lives with the Mee until she gets a bit bigger.
.....HOW FINE!! Love to see Mt.Tortoises....in fact so much that were ever I look around here there is a big black rock somewhere in sight. Vic

Attachments

• DSCF3157.JPG
    DSCF3157.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 85
  • DSCF3124.JPG
    DSCF3124.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 80
  • DSCF3032.JPG
    DSCF3032.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 82
  • DSCF3042.JPG
    DSCF3042.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 78

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I love, LOVE, LOVE a swimming pool full of little black babies!!!! And your 'jungle' setting is beautiful!

747117wei24kafiu.gif

algoroth1

5 Year Member
South Florida
Great photos Yvonne and Vic. Looks like Vic will be at the Daytona show full-up with hatchlings/yearlings:)

emysbreeder

5 Year Member
Great photos Yvonne and Vic. Looks like Vic will be at the Daytona show full-up with hatchlings/yearlings:)
Thanks for the plug.Yep I'll be there with a lot of Mt.Tortoises. It was a beautiful day here too, so I got in a pic taking mood too. I had to clean some of them off for someone to look at . I use the pool for bath or soaking. Vic. nest protection of a female phayrei. DSCN7628.JPG DSCN7628.JPG

emysbreeder

5 Year Member
Thanks for the plug.Yep I'll be there with a lot of Mt.Tortoises. It was a beautiful day here too, so I got in a pic taking mood too. I had to clean some of them off for someone to look at . I use the pool for bath or soaking. Vic. nest protection of a female phayrei. View attachment 89585 View attachment 89585
dont know why I got two of the same pics? I do or spell something "rong"every time.

yillt

Great, brilliant photos. Wonderful torts and beautiful shells. I love the last pic. ;)

emysbreeder

5 Year Member
Great, brilliant photos. Wonderful torts and beautiful shells. I love the last pic. ;)
.....Thanks, That is the female of my first pair I got over 25 yrs ago. Big Mama. Her babies are the biggest and grow the fastest of all my females. That is her nest in the background and a quickie water pool I made her sense her normal pool is so far away from her nest she wouldn't go back to it while guarding the nest.....yes I baby them so. Vic

yillt

.....Thanks, That is the female of my first pair I got over 25 yrs ago. Big Mama. Her babies are the biggest and grow the fastest of all my females. That is her nest in the background and a quickie water pool I made her sense her normal pool is so far away from her nest she wouldn't go back to it while guarding the nest.....yes I baby them so. Vic
Your welcome. :);):);)

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Thanks for sharing. Both Vic and Yvonne. I love this species, but my area is not suitable for them, so I enjoy them vicariously through pics and stories like yours.

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
I hope you will feel like taking picture every AM. haha.....

Great pics. caught them right in the action. I like it.