I finished it!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CourtneyAndCarl

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Middle of nowhere
We started the building of Carl's new outdoor enclosure almost two weeks ago. It has been a long and complicated process but I just got all the dirt in, some plants planted, and Carl is currently in the process of testing my tortoise proofing skills.

I will post a few pictures of the process... I will honestly say that I didn't do much, because if I had a vital role in the building, it would probably look awful.

First, it started as a hunk of wood...

Adding the wire to the bottom was actually the worst part, took forever and my hands were cut up and bleeding by the end

Fast forward a few days later, we had to take down the fence that was around the little garden area that would now be a tortoise zone.

Fast forward another few days, and we got some more man power to move the big hunk of wood to the location... Holly was confused.

I forgot to take any separate pictures of the top, but we built what is essentially a "cage" that would fit around the top of the wooden box, completely removable for easier moving.

AND, today I added the dirt, a few plants (got some more to go) and planted some grass. I also added a little decorative flare :)

Beck

10 Year Member!
Lakeland/Central FL
WOW! That is so nice! *saving thread for when I get my own yard*

I bet Carl/Carol loves it! I love that there is a bottom for diggers, and that the big doors/cage allow for easy access but still good protection and sunlight.

What a great job!

CourtneyAndCarl

5 Year Member
Middle of nowhere
Thanks everyone! I had to keep reminding myself throughout the building process that the little guy was worth it but seeing him trudge around in there and trample all over everything made it all worth it :)

Sent from my LG-LS970 using TortForum mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.