I found a dog in my yard -- headed straight for my Sulcata

Status
Not open for further replies.

luvsulcatas

5 Year Member
Fred spent a glorious day outside today. It was hot (80) and he really enjoyed moving about in his pen. Towards the end of the day I walked outside and there ws a stray dog standing in my driveway. I took one look at him and started running toward Fred's pen. I was terrified this dog had maybe done something to him. Thankfully, he was all right. How do you all keep your Sulcatas protected from unexpected intruders? I understand dogs, and even cats, can really hurt and even kill a tortoise.

tortoisenerd

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Washington
Do you have a gate between Fred's pen and the outdoors? Having a double gate is a good idea because one can be left open and the other one still provides protection, such as when you are opening/closing one gate.

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
Never trust a dog with a tort.. even your own.. good fencing.. and a cover if your guy is still small.

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
What a relief that Fred is safe and sound. He's probably wondering why you were so stressed out when you put him in for the night. :rolleyes:

luvsulcatas

5 Year Member
Stephanie Logan said:
What a relief that Fred is safe and sound. He's probably wondering why you were so stressed out when you put him in for the night. :rolleyes:

How true!

Status
Not open for further replies.