I FOUND BABY RUNT!!!!

sibi

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Florida, USA
Thank you everyone for your kind support and prayers. A woman found her heading for a busy street. She picked her up and placed her at a neighbor's lawn to see if she knew whose tort it belonged to. Whrn they didn't know, they woman decided to bring her home. No knowing that sulcatas need to be in warm temps, she placed her in her backyard near her shed. Baby Runt spend the night in 59 degree temps. But, she was safe and still alive. This morning, at 7:30 I had a couple of flyers I was going to have printed up when, three houses down from mine, I saw a couple of women standing outside their home. I stopped my car, took one of the flyers with me, and showed it to them. Immediately, they said that a woman found her and brought her home. They said she works at the local H.S. cafeteria. I went straight to the school's main office and asked if they could place the flyer with the staff in the cafeteria. Before I left the packing lot of the school, the woman called me. I had arranged to meet her at her residence to get Baby Runt when she got off work at 1 p.m. I just couldn't wait. I drove to her home and peeked through her fence. I caught sight of my little girl and called out to her. She was still and didn't move. I wiggled the fence and the lock wasn't really secured, which opened the gate. I went right in and picked up my baby and took her home. She's been soaking in warm water and Pedialyte. She'll be spending the day indoors. Now. I have to explain to the nice lady how and why I broke into her backyard. I will be giving her a reward, though. I hope she doesn't call the police on me :(

surfergirl

My sully has been fine at as low as the high 40s for a few days if he can warm up basking in the 90's afterwards. Mine got out in a warm spell during the winter one time and temps were as low as high 40's maybe lower for the two nights he was missing. I got him back in the hot house and within a day of warm temps he was romping around as usual. Hopefully baby runt does the same. If i found someones tort and i wasn't able to get it back to them asap i would be fine with them getting it as long as that is all they took. :) hopefully she understands that their care is very important and time is of the essence to get her back in the proper temps and environment!

superman

congrats the cute little guy well be enough for a nice lady she probably well not call the police:)