Status
Not open for further replies.

Larry C.

5 Year Member
On Tuesday or Wednesday I should have this little guy:

mail

This is my first tort and the first enclosure I put together. This is it:

mail

I've been looking for a small little plant to put in there, but I don't know what will work best.

What do you all think? I wanna thank everyone here for all the info you have provided me and a special thanks to CGKeith for not only always answering my questions but also providing me with my new tort ;)

Larry C.

5 Year Member
Ok I will try to fix..... sorry :(

Ok lets try this again....

The New Tort and enclosure.

Attachments

• New Image.JPG
    New Image.JPG
    205.8 KB · Views: 80
  • HAb.JPG
    HAb.JPG
    55.2 KB · Views: 93

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southwest Washington
Very cute!
How about a spider plant in a pot, tort might like hiding under the leaves as it grows.

LindaF

5 Year Member
What a cute baby! Try putting a spider plant in the enclosure. They work out well for me.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
He/she is gorgeous Larry. I have found terra cotta plant saucers to more functional than any other type of water bowl set up. Check with CG, but if that were my tortoise, I'd want a humid hide box in there too.

Lastly, some of us like to use http://tinypic.com/ to post pics. Its really easy and you don't need an account or have to give any personal info. Just upload any size photo and then copy/paste the IMG code into your forum post.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
You must be very excited! Where are you thinking of putting this plant? HOw deep is the substrate? Do you want to leave it in the pot or have it actually in the substrate?

Larry C.

5 Year Member
Tom said:
He/she is gorgeous Larry. I have found terra cotta plant saucers to more functional than any other type of water bowl set up. Check with CG, but if that were my tortoise, I'd want a humid hide box in there too.

Lastly, some of us like to use http://tinypic.com/ to post pics. Its really easy and you don't need an account or have to give any personal info. Just upload any size photo and then copy/paste the IMG code into your forum post.

tinypic cool thanks I will check it out. Also I will look up spider plant. I'm not too good with plants yet. Can and do they eat those or is it just for shade and looks?

Thanks for all the nice comments guys!!! :D

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Southwest Washington
They can eat them. If it is in a stable pot, maybe your tort won't trash it right away, but can reach some of the sprouts or leaf ends :D.

Larry C.

5 Year Member
lynnedit said:
They can eat them. If it is in a stable pot, maybe your tort won't trash it right away, but can reach some of the sprouts or leaf ends :D.

great thanks, I will get one leave it in the pot and dig it into the substrate.

Larry C.

5 Year Member
ticothetort2 said:
Congrats, how big is the enclosure?

Its mix tub. Its 36"X 20" its a temp one till it gets bigger. I plan on building him/her a real nice one when needed or sooner.

Tom said:

Hey Tom unless I am mistaken and I probably am, aren't the Greek torts more of a dry Tort. My humidity is constant between 38-45.

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
Congrats, very nice. I use tinypic.com, alot of typing, but it does work.

Status
Not open for further replies.