Not open for further replies.

Balboa

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
PNW
Larry C. said:
ticothetort2 said:
Congrats, how big is the enclosure?

Its mix tub. Its 36"X 20" its a temp one till it gets bigger. I plan on building him/her a real nice one when needed or sooner.

Tom said:
He/she is gorgeous Larry. I have found terra cotta plant saucers to more functional than any other type of water bowl set up. Check with CG, but if that were my tortoise, I'd want a humid hide box in there too.

Lastly, some of us like to use http://tinypic.com/ to post pics. Its really easy and you don't need an account or have to give any personal info. Just upload any size photo and then copy/paste the IMG code into your forum post.

Hey Tom unless I am mistaken and I probably am, aren't the Greek torts more of a dry Tort. My humidity is constant between 38-45.

The term "dry tort" is under scrutiny these days to put it lightly for any tort. Trouble is in captive conditions we've discovered its tough to truly replicate every facet of the wild.

A humid hide is a nice compromise. It gives the tort a humid escape if it starts to feel dried out from the big lights we blast them with to heat them.

A lovely tort you're getting, and a good choice, best of luck. :)

Larry C.

5 Year Member
It's here!!!!!!! Man shes been marching up and down her enclosure like a prom queen at homecoming. I gave her a quick bath and some food. Considering she traveled from Arizona to Miami in one night she's doing great.

Attachments

• IMG00104-20110419-1835.jpg
    IMG00104-20110419-1835.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 20
Status
Not open for further replies.