I guess he likes me… sort of

SinLA

Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Los Angeles
For the first time ever, Fezzik ate a dandelion that I was holding out to him (long stem, but still…) I guess it’s safe to say he is no longer terrified of me.

Also I think it’s the first time I’ve seen him eat a dandelion. Oddly he usually ignores them in his tray…

I wish I’d had my camera, but here’s him eating shortly thereafter for funsies…

Attachments

• IMG_6048.MOV
    17.6 MB

Sarah2020

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
London, UK
It's so cute when they eat on demand. Be careful though as their bite is strong. I avoid hand feeding but drop close to where Speedy is in the enclosure outside of his food dish. He devours a dandelion or 2 or 3 😂🐢

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I always use a long stem too because like Sarah2020 said they can accidentally bite you. I've seen online about 20 years ago 😁 actual tongs to use for Tortoise hand feeding. I do think it does show the beginnings of trust though. I also think that trust is a Tortoise's type of love.🤗

Sarah2020

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
London, UK
I always use a long stem too because like Sarah2020 said they can accidentally bite you. I've seen online about 20 years ago 😁 actual tongs to use for Tortoise hand feeding. I do think it does show the beginnings of trust though. I also think that trust is a Tortoise's type of love.🤗
I can relate to that

SinLA

Tortoise Club
Los Angeles
Thanks I actually don’t intend to hand feed him at all. This was sort of a one off as I was just going to deliver the dandelion and he was in “easting mode”

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Thanks I actually don’t intend to hand feed him at all. This was sort of a one off as I was just going to deliver the dandelion and he was in “easting mode”
I actually like to do those type of things now and then. Just enough to keep my tortoise used to me but not so much that I'm a nuisance 😊 I'm so glad you got to have that moment with your Tortoise ☺️..

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
It's so cute when they eat on demand. Be careful though as their bite is strong. I avoid hand feeding but drop close to where Speedy is in the enclosure outside of his food dish. He devours a dandelion or 2 or 3 😂🐢
True. I was once hand feeding Oli and he bit me. That hurt much more than I'd expected.