I Hate It When. . .

Jay Bagley

Location (City and/or State)
Michigan
This one might already be on here, I didn't have time to reread the 22 pages before I go to bed[emoji4]. But I hate it when someone makes a post about their tortoise having a life-threatening injury, people take the time to respond to that person. And then you never hear from that person again, and you are left wondering if there tortoise is okay, or if it was just a bunch of BS.

daniellenc

Maryland
:pI hate it when I cook an awesome meal to have my ex eat ice cream with captain crunch on top and frozen donuts. Only frozen food tastes good these days. Next time I’m freezing dinner:cool:

alexa0ne

Canada
I hate it when I found out that the HR on our company who's in charge of the payroll never pay my govt. distributions since day 1. They won't answer my inquiry and all they say is just wait. I feel like giving up already, let go and find a new job with a credible employer.

Last edited:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I hate it when I found out that the HR on our company who's in charge of the payroll never pay my govt. distributions since day 1. They won't answer my inquiry and all they say is just wait. I feel like giving up already, let go and find a new job with a credible employer.
I s'pose that means you owe the gov't big time.

Destben

Kansas
I hate when you get passed up for a promotion. To make it worse the only qualifications said promotee had is babysitting the boss's kids, and not wearing pants to work i.e. mini skirts and dresses that are really shirts. I guess me and my college education will gather dust in the corner till needed.

Destben

Kansas
Thats horrible!!

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
I hate when you get passed up for a promotion. To make it worse the only qualifications said promotee had is babysitting the boss's kids, and not wearing pants to work i.e. mini skirts and dresses that are really shirts. I guess me and my college education will gather dust in the corner till needed.

Why wait in corner? Unless theres ridiculously amazing benefits, changing employers every few years usually means better benefits and salary vs increases via promotions.

Destben

Kansas
Why wait in corner? Unless theres ridiculously amazing benefits, changing employers every few years usually means better benefits and salary vs increases via promotions.
I work for a right of way company and they send us around the country. If I leave a project prematurely, unfortunately that would be the end of my career. I'm just trying to think of it like stepping stones.

Kristy1970

5 Year Member
Addis, LA

I’m making $$ an hour, all benefits paid and 23 paid days off a year, free gym at my work, wellness programs, dietician, beautiful work place, great management, best part,,, paid time off is in HOURS ... so if I take 1 day off and work 4-10 hour days, then I do t have to use my paid time off hours. after big projects they treat us to luck, dinner, and team building hours while on company time, last year we went to a painting class, next month we are all leaving 3 hours early , with pay, and going bowling ! It’s a sweet deal

Kristy1970

5 Year Member
Addis, LA
We have heath fairs that teach us and free exercise classes in our gym, encouraged to take 2 - 15 minute breaks and go to gym

Kristy1970

5 Year Member
Addis, LA
Remind me why I don’t want to work? Oh yeah,,, I want to kayak and travel and garden lol... no $$$ to do that if I don’t work lol

Destben

Kansas
I’m making $$ an hour, all benefits paid and 23 paid days off a year, free gym at my work, wellness programs, dietician, beautiful work place, great management, best part,,, paid time off is in HOURS ... so if I take 1 day off and work 4-10 hour days, then I do t have to use my paid time off hours. after big projects they treat us to luck, dinner, and team building hours while on company time, last year we went to a painting class, next month we are all leaving 3 hours early , with pay, and going bowling ! It’s a sweet deal
Where do you work??

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
Are they hiring?

Jay Bagley

Michigan
Wow!! Sounds like a pretty cool place. And here I was all excited because my employer brought back salad bar Wednesday.

Kristy1970

5 Year Member
Addis, LA
It’s Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Louisiana, I just found out they pay all your insurance for 5 years after retirement! So I can retire at 60 instead of 65! Whoop! 48 now! 12 years!!! Everyday I go to work is 1 day closer to retirement! I just created a Facebook page called Krazy Cajun Kayakers! I went yesterday on a day trip with 10 people and have another trip planned for July 3rd.. I plan on taking trips everywhere, everyday I’m off work, as long as I have clean clothes and my house is not filthy and I have a sitter for Daisy, OUT OF HERE!!