I Hate It When. . .

TechnoCheese

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Lewisville, Texas
When you leave care sheets and the “Beginner Mistakes” thread for new members and people that need help or are asking for advice, and they never read them. On other reptile sites, I’m usually the only one who’s used this forum, and the other tortoise owners are usually keeping their Russian tortoises on sand in cardboard boxes and stuff. No one ever reads the links [emoji19]

Jay Bagley

Michigan
I hate it when... I end up looking like a jerk. So the other night my daughter asked me for $20 before I had to leave for work. I was already running around like a madman, so a trip to the ATM machine was just the icing on the cake. I raced down pulled $20 out of the ATM, and started driving home. We live off of a divided highway, and have these things called Michigan turnarounds. So as I'm sitting in the turn around and watching oncoming traffic waiting for my turn to go and watching the minutes tick by before I have to leave for work. A car pulled up alongside me, as I am looking at oncoming traffic and not them the person proceeded to honk his horn at me repeatedly. Thinking he was being impatient I extended my naughty finger out the window at him and when I turn my head to look at his reaction, he was holding my ATM card out his window. I was in such a hurry I left it in the ATM, this good samaritan took the trouble to get it, chase me down, and got a middle finger for his trouble. I don't know if I ever felt more embarrassed. So yes I hate it when I act like a jerk.

orv

5 Year Member
Aguanga, CA
I hate it when... I end up looking like a jerk. So the other night my daughter asked me for $20 before I had to leave for work. I was already running around like a madman, so a trip to the ATM machine was just the icing on the cake. I raced down pulled $20 out of the ATM, and started driving home. We live off of a divided highway, and have these things called Michigan turnarounds. So as I'm sitting in the turn around and watching oncoming traffic waiting for my turn to go and watching the minutes tick by before I have to leave for work. A car pulled up alongside me, as I am looking at oncoming traffic and not them the person proceeded to honk his horn at me repeatedly. Thinking he was being impatient I extended my naughty finger out the window at him and when I turn my head to look at his reaction, he was holding my ATM card out his window. I was in such a hurry I left it in the ATM, this good samaritan took the trouble to get it, chase me down, and got a middle finger for his trouble. I don't know if I ever felt more embarrassed. So yes I hate it when I act like a jerk.
JAY, many years ago, as I was having one of my "jerk days", I too extended my middle finger . . . turned out I was flipping off the pastor of our church. Hard to live that down. I guess that I was just being an immature jerk. At least now that I'm an old man with arthritis, the middle finger hurts to extend and maybe, just maybe, I'm just a bit slower to anger. Still a jerk, I don't know . . . ask my long-suffering wife of 48 years. Geeesh, I'm as old as a tortoise.

Jay Bagley

Michigan
JAY, many years ago, as I was having one of my "jerk days", I too extended my middle finger . . . turned out I was flipping off the pastor of our church. Hard to live that down. I guess that I was just being an immature jerk. At least now that I'm an old man with arthritis, the middle finger hurts to extend and maybe, just maybe, I'm just a bit slower to anger. Still a jerk, I don't know . . . ask my long-suffering wife of 48 years. Geeesh, I'm as old as a tortoise.
Oh no...lol the pastor. It was just one of those days for both of us I suppose. I was just really glad he was able to laugh it off, and even more relieved he did not have any kids with him. 48 years of marriage, congratulations. You must be doing something right.

Jay Bagley

Michigan
I think I found one of the things I hate the most.... emerald ash borers. I hate it that I can't drive anywhere without seeing hundreds of dead ash trees killed by this invasive species.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
LMAO

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Heck, I have flown my "Finger" so much they are crooked, on both hands lol.
Whenever I flip someone off or blow my horn at someone, not in a hello way, close to home, I always hope, after the fact of course, that it's not one of my neighbors.

Jay Bagley

Michigan
Heck, I have flown my "Finger" so much they are crooked, on both hands lol.
Whenever I flip someone off or blow my horn at someone, not in a hello way, close to home, I always hope, after the fact of course, that it's not one of my neighbors.
Lol, that's hilarious.

LoutheRussian

5 Year Member
Cornelius Or
People who drive side by side going under the speed limit.

I live near Sun City, and Sun City West, and Sun City Grand, and Sun City Festival.

Never a problem in July.

My family have places in Surprise I thinks that’s only 15 min from Sun City.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
This happens often. It happened again today:

When somebody in a car passes you on your motorcycle....In your own lane!
Or when some very old person (usually in a Corolla or Camry), tries using the "bicycle" lane as a turning lane. Attempting to squeeze between you and the curb from behind, to turn right at a stop light.

Beep beep...that may be me using that tax paid for-- multi use lane.....if no one else using it, I sure will.....

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
This happens often. It happened again today:

When somebody in a car passes you on your motorcycle....In your own lane!
Or when some very old person (usually in a Corolla or Camry), tries using the "bicycle" lane as a turning lane. Attempting to squeeze between you and the curb from behind, to turn right at a stop light.

Oh, I don't drive a Corolla nor Camry and I am not very old...yet...lol

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California

That is awesome....not only did you get a story out of it ....you also gave the other person one as well....twofer....awesome....