I have a new baby!

Miapizzariaa

Location (City and/or State)
Phoenix
Just got my baby the other day and I'm so grateful for all the information, I want to do this right. Only a couple of weeks, size of a golfball, I take her out of her cage everyday for hours at a timeScreenshot_20180612-061312.png

TriciaStringer

5 Year Member
Louisiana
Just got my baby the other day and I'm so grateful for all the information, I want to do this right. Only a couple of weeks, size of a golfball, I take her out of her cage everyday for hours at a timeView attachment 241656
What a cutie! What is her name? She needs to be in her indoor closed chamber enclosure most of the time considering her size. I believe the guide is, one hour outside per one inch. She looks tiny and adorable. Makes me smile. Where did you get her?

Miapizzariaa

Phoenix
Her name is Mary Jane, from the Spider-Man movies, I found some guy on Craigslist, who were selling a bunch of them, he had so many he didn't know exactly when she was born, I think shes about 2-3 weeks

Miscally

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Her name is Mary Jane, from the Spider-Man movies, I found some guy on Craigslist, who were selling a bunch of them, he had so many he didn't know exactly when she was born, I think shes about 2-3 weeks
Very cute and beautiful [emoji4]

New York
Just got my baby the other day and I'm so grateful for all the information, I want to do this right. Only a couple of weeks, size of a golfball, I take her out of her cage everyday for hours at a timeView attachment 241656
Cute little baby tort. Just an FYI for new owners, there is no definitive way of telling the sex of a tortoise for the first few years. They slowly develope/show their sex as they grew. In 4 or five years you'll be able to have a good idea fom their anal scoots and tail. Until then their is no way of telling. If the breeder told you that it was "temp sexed" as a female, that simply means the egg was incubated at a temp that usually produces more females.You said you are a new owner, just letting you know if you didn't already.

Sully06012018

Ocklawaha, FL
I just got one a week old last Saturday. I named it Sully and since I don't know what sex it is I refer to it as a he. Doesn't really matter since I won't breed it anyway. Yours looks like Sully...she is adorable. I got mine from a lady on craigs list who owned both parents. 1st tort for me and I am a nervous new tort Mom. I spend most of the day reading everything on this site I can. Congratulations on your new baby.