I joined so I could share this info.

Tortuga Girl

Location (City and/or State)
Wimberley
New
Hi, My name is Vicki and I have a tortoise sanctuary. I am often brought sick or dying tortoises that have stopped eating and pooping for months and I have had great success with a powder called vitamineral green for humans ( you can purchase on amazon) and canned organic pumpkin. I mix 1/4 teaspoon of the vitamineral green and a table spoon of pumpkin and add enough water to make it liquid.Then I take a deep spoon and hold it under the tortoises chin. I try to pour it into the tortoises mouth and eventually it will take a gulp. It take tons of patience and sometimes out of two 30 minute sessions a day for a week I will only get the tort to take one or two gulps but don't give up. Once you get several in him he will begin to eat and poop. I k now this sounds crazy but I joined this forum so I could share this. It works.

Sabrina8797

Location (City and/or State)
Illinois
New
Hi, My name is Vicki and I have a tortoise sanctuary. I am often brought sick or dying tortoises that have stopped eating and pooping for months and I have had great success with a powder called vitamineral green for humans ( you can purchase on amazon) and canned organic pumpkin. I mix 1/4 teaspoon of the vitamineral green and a table spoon of pumpkin and add enough water to make it liquid.Then I take a deep spoon and hold it under the tortoises chin. I try to pour it into the tortoises mouth and eventually it will take a gulp. It take tons of patience and sometimes out of two 30 minute sessions a day for a week I will only get the tort to take one or two gulps but don't give up. Once you get several in him he will begin to eat and poop. I k now this sounds crazy but I joined this forum so I could share this. It works.
Great Information! I will sure remember this! Welcome to a great group of knowledgeable people! It sounds as though we all may learn from you as well.