I just might make the naughty list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grigor.Love.

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
NY
Sooo. I recieved the gift from my secret Santa today. Without realizing what it was and who it was from I tore it open. I'd like to say it's a wonderful gift and I love love love love love it! This month has been stressful. Had some army stuff to take care of, my grandfather passed away, deer season. It's hard when I live 2 hours away from my family and I'm constantly driving back and forth for one reason or another. I have yet to send out let alone purchase the gift for my secret Santa recipient. In my defense, I know exactly what I'm getting them. My sincerest apologies if it arrives late. Please be patient with me secret Santa buddy. It's on it's way. I'm just a little behind the ball.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I for one can understand the not thinking about the box and just opening it up. I know your not my Secret Santa, but if it were me, I can understand it being late. Life does have a horrible way of happening when you least expect it. I think it might be nice, if your person doesn't get their gift before Christmas, that you send them a private message, so they know what's going on.

SulcataSquirt

5 Year Member
Missouri
I probably would have done the same.. Even if I knew it was from my secret Santa! :) and whoever your gift is for, I'm sure they will understand. If you know you won't get it to them on time just send them a message letting them know it's on it's way. Or PM steph and she can PM your recipient if you still want it to be anonymous. No one here should take it to heart as long as they are not completely forgotten. SOOOO what'd ya get??? :D :D

M

Maggie Cummings

Come on! What'd ya get??? Hurry up and fess up, what'd ya get!???

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
Awww sweetie, sorry your having a tough time. Now what did you get? I did not participate but love reading about all of you who did. I'm sure anyone would understand.

fhintz

5 Year Member
Fort Myers, FL
I'm of the philosophy that its not worth it to get overly fixated on a specific date. Personally, I feel much better about my gift giving and everything else if I do it at my own pace, so I can take my time to really personalize what I do. I think "its the thought that counts" very much applies during the holidays. The fact that you already put the thought into what you get means you won't be getting on any naughty lists.

Best wishes, and hope the stress starts to lift.

Frank

Grigor.Love.

5 Year Member
NY
Thanks everyone for you're encouragement. I'll place a note in with the gift explaining why it may have arrived when it did.

I can't tell you what it is! Not yet ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.