I like cats. I dislike cat owners. Please help

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
So, hot pepper flakes kinda work. But it rains every day this time of year off and on. And sprinkling seasoning onto my wifes car every few hours is a drag.
I've ordered 2 solar powered, sonic cat repellents on AMAZON that are supposed to work ok.
However I'll be curious to see if the repeller outside messes with my family dog inside.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
I was washing off this mark this morning from my car and noticed it's actually several deep scratches. Right down to the metal!
On second look, they seem to be spaced like claw marks. Like a cat sliding off had attempted to get a better grip?

Attachments

• 20230113_150531.jpg
    20230113_150531.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 3

Len B

10 Year Member!
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
I was washing off this mark this morning from my car and noticed it's actually several deep scratches. Right down to the metal!
On second look, they seem to be spaced like claw marks. Like a cat sliding off had attempted to get a better grip?
Could it be a bird? I had a pet bronze turkey that pretty much destroyed the roof of my wife's car because he couldn't get a grip when he first jumped up there when he was younger. He finally got so fat that he no longer tried get up there.

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA
Raccoon most likely due to the space and angle of the scratch on the left compared to the rest

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
I am a cat owner...3 of them. But they are inside cats so they DON'T bother my neighbors. Frankly, it's against the law to have outside cats here...however...my immediate neighbors have outside cats, 2 of them. They walk on my clean car leaving prints and scratches in my hood. They knock over my plants on the deck railing. They crap in my flower beds. I have had mediation with this neighbor who says her cat refuses to stay inside or use a litter box. Really??? Freakin MAKE him, you are bigger, you are supposed to be the boss! My new across the street neighbor has 2 outside cats also. I had to stop feeding the wild birds outside because the cats just used the bird feeder for their meals. So something that I enjoyed very much I had to stop doing because of inconsiderate people, my yard used to be certified by the Autobahn Society for having a safe natural place for wild birds to live. b My other neighbor also had to stop feeding the birds. Why do we have to stop doing something that we enjoy because these other people seem to think that it's okay to break the rules? If I had a pitbull running around loose you'd raise a fuss, so why can't I raise a fuss about your cats? I've taken four or five of my neighbors cats for rides when I was actually taking the road trip out of state in the 17 years I have lived here. I took one of the biggest pain in my butt years ago to drop it off in New Mexico when I was on my way to visit friends in Texas. I am not against trapping somebody's freaking cats in my yard, yet I'm a cat lover, so if people want to hate me that's okay but you'll never see my cats unless you come inside my house and inside cats live 7 8 9 10 years longer than outside cats and hundreds of wild birds that live and thrive. Yes it pisses me off for people who sign a lease that reads in part..."NO freaking outside cats" who just evidently didn't read the damn thing. My very next door neighbor has 3 doors to the outside with a cat door in each one. Yes, she is trying "very hard" to make him stay inside. BS!
Several years ago I went to a different next door neighbor (he's since moved" and said "I am trapping cats and yours is on the top of my list, so ya better keep him inside". Less than a month later I dropped the cat off in a small town in New Mexico on my way to Texass. I warned him. Now I have warned the ***** next door. But first...I actually followed the rules and wrote an email to management, who sent a note, then fined her $50.
Here's Simon, 29 pounds and too big for his bed. DSCN1108.JPG
Smokey, my seniorDSCN1051.JPG
and holy sh*t...here he comes...usta was Little Bit, when he was a little cute baby, now he is an unruly teenager...named Terror...DSCN1040.JPG
I love cats no doubt...in the damn house...now Ill take my soap box and slither home...grrrr

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
I believe it's the same cat that likes to sleep...and sharpen his claws on the convertible roof of my wife's car.
He's been sleeping under my truck since I started sprinkling EVERGLADES seasoning on the convertible. And the paw prints on my hood are spaced a lot like those scrapes on my car.
I hate taking it out on the cat.
I wish I knew who the owner was

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I am a cat owner...3 of them. But they are inside cats so they DON'T bother my neighbors. Frankly, it's against the law to have outside cats here...however...my immediate neighbors have outside cats, 2 of them. They walk on my clean car leaving prints and scratches in my hood. They knock over my plants on the deck railing. They crap in my flower beds. I have had mediation with this neighbor who says her cat refuses to stay inside or use a litter box. Really??? Freakin MAKE him, you are bigger, you are supposed to be the boss! My new across the street neighbor has 2 outside cats also. I had to stop feeding the wild birds outside because the cats just used the bird feeder for their meals. So something that I enjoyed very much I had to stop doing because of inconsiderate people, my yard used to be certified by the Autobahn Society for having a safe natural place for wild birds to live. b My other neighbor also had to stop feeding the birds. Why do we have to stop doing something that we enjoy because these other people seem to think that it's okay to break the rules? If I had a pitbull running around loose you'd raise a fuss, so why can't I raise a fuss about your cats? I've taken four or five of my neighbors cats for rides when I was actually taking the road trip out of state in the 17 years I have lived here. I took one of the biggest pain in my butt years ago to drop it off in New Mexico when I was on my way to visit friends in Texas. I am not against trapping somebody's freaking cats in my yard, yet I'm a cat lover, so if people want to hate me that's okay but you'll never see my cats unless you come inside my house and inside cats live 7 8 9 10 years longer than outside cats and hundreds of wild birds that live and thrive. Yes it pisses me off for people who sign a lease that reads in part..."NO freaking outside cats" who just evidently didn't read the damn thing. My very next door neighbor has 3 doors to the outside with a cat door in each one. Yes, she is trying "very hard" to make him stay inside. BS!
Several years ago I went to a different next door neighbor (he's since moved" and said "I am trapping cats and yours is on the top of my list, so ya better keep him inside". Less than a month later I dropped the cat off in a small town in New Mexico on my way to Texass. I warned him. Now I have warned the ***** next door. But first...I actually followed the rules and wrote an email to management, who sent a note, then fined her $50.
Here's Simon, 29 pounds and too big for his bed. View attachment 353361
Smokey, my seniorView attachment 353363
and holy sh*t...here he comes...usta was Little Bit, when he was a little cute baby, now he is an unruly teenager...named Terror...View attachment 353362
I love cats no doubt...in the damn house...now Ill take my soap box and slither home...grrrr
Amen.🤗why should my flower beds stink to high heaven. My house doesn't smell like that even though Dilly is an inside cat. They obviously don't care about their cats and the diseases the cats WILL bring inside their home.

Len B

10 Year Member!
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
I believe it's the same cat that likes to sleep...and sharpen his claws on the convertible roof of my wife's car.
He's been sleeping under my truck since I started sprinkling EVERGLADES seasoning on the convertible. And the paw prints on my hood are spaced a lot like those scrapes on my car.
I hate taking it out on the cat.
I wish I knew who the owner was
People really don't own cats, and this cat has most likely adopted you.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Amen.🤗why should my flower beds stink to high heaven. My house doesn't smell like that even though Dilly is an inside cat. They obviously don't care about their cats and the diseases the cats WILL bring inside their home.
One entire section of my back yard fence line is pure cat poop and sand.
I can stop it by using the same hot pepper powder. But every time it rains, it's gone.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
One entire section of my back yard fence line is pure cat poop and sand.
I can stop it by using the same hot pepper powder. But every time it rains, it's gone.
I really feel sorry for the cats mostly. Poor uncared for kitties. But one of my brothers has a cat that he can take outside and she'll stay in her yard. She's a senior cat named Charlie.and she always did stay in her yard. I've seen so many that are just running loose though😔. Some of them have serious diseases. Strep flesh eating disease, feline leukemia just to mention only 2. There's bad fights where some poor kitty gets slashed with a cat scratch. They're all just hanging out together like cats do. I've actually (true story I promise) seen a bunch of cats crossing our street all in single file. They were crossing catty corner😜 the last little guy was a skunk and I didn't have my phone. Joe was laughing his head off and making me look. Who would think to grab a camera 🤔. I can't understand why people would want all that for a pet that hangs out with you and your family. 🦨 I could go on and on.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
well, here's one reason:

I live just outside town on a main east/west street to get out of town. Thoughtless people who don't want their cats or kittens drive them out of town and kick them out of the car. Because I have dry cat food out to feed the strays I care for, these poor abandoned kitties find their way here. I trap them, pay to have them spayed or neutered, then release them in my yard. I have two INDOOR cats, one was a dumped kitten, now about eight years of age and the other was one I chose from a litter advertised as 'free kittens' in the classified section (I'm a sucker for calico, and she's a calico).

I don't want a house full of cats, so all the strays that come here are outside cats. Because I'm the food goddess I eventually am able to pet them and love on them, and there are several beds up on shelves for them, but they live outside. And they stick around. I can go outside any time during day or night and call them and they come to me.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
well, here's one reason:

I live just outside town on a main east/west street to get out of town. Thoughtless people who don't want their cats or kittens drive them out of town and kick them out of the car. Because I have dry cat food out to feed the strays I care for, these poor abandoned kitties find their way here. I trap them, pay to have them spayed or neutered, then release them in my yard. I have two INDOOR cats, one was a dumped kitten, now about eight years of age and the other was one I chose from a litter advertised as 'free kittens' in the classified section (I'm a sucker for calico, and she's a calico).

I don't want a house full of cats, so all the strays that come here are outside cats. Because I'm the food goddess I eventually am able to pet them and love on them, and there are several beds up on shelves for them, but they live outside. And they stick around. I can go outside any time during day or night and call them and they come to me.
If they were friendly, it would help.
But I generally dislike them and I think they must know that.
There's another one that keeps falling into my above ground fish ponds via ripping through the mesh sun screens. This last time I think that the furry fool must've punctured the liner because that pond is leaking now. I haven't yet found the leak.
The whole situation is just rediculous and I'm amazing myself at my level of restraint.
The live traps are calling out to me.
"Use us and they will go"

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
So, hot pepper flakes kinda work. But it rains every day this time of year off and on. And sprinkling seasoning onto my wifes car every few hours is a drag.
I've ordered 2 solar powered, sonic cat repellents on AMAZON that are supposed to work ok.
However I'll be curious to see if the repeller outside messes with my family dog inside.
The SOLAR, SONIC CAT REPELLENTS didn't pan out because no matter where I placed them outside, my dog heard it through solid cement block and indescribable hurricane double hung glass windows. And growled or barked when they went off. And even worse, they didn't seem to upset the cats.