I lost a good friend Friday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DixieParadise

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Georgetown, TX
Angi, I think the hardest thing in loving a pet is deciding when "we" can let go. I have been in your shoes many times and each one was just as hard. When I could let go and start the grieving process...it was much easier. My heart goes out to you and your family. One day that 12 year old will be standing in your shoes and he will have to explain to his child what is best. Don't be too hard on yourself...cherish the memories of your Lab and think of him as you continue to walk the trails. He will be with you in spirit....

APBT_Fanatic

5 Year Member
Southern California
I am so sorry for your loss. Thank you for hanging in there with him while he still had it in him to continue living and to let him go when his time came.

I always wish that when one of our animals time comes, they will pass away peacefully on their own in our home. It does not always happen like that, but it is nice when it does. I find it especially hard to have them put down, but in cases like these, it's the best and most honorable option for them.

TortBrain

5 Year Member
Sorry to hear your lost. I'm having thesame problem here.
I have a shih tzu buddy that has been in our family for close to 13yrs. He is still doing well but we have notice that his hind legs are getting weaker as time goes by.. It's a sad thing thou.
Life and death.. Sigh~

harris

10 Year Member!
Ohio
I am so sorry for your loss. Losing these guys is always so hard. They provide us with the most unsurpassed loyalty and undcontional love. I'm about to go through the same thing with my old boy.

zoogrl

5 Year Member
Missouri
Angi I'm so sorry you had to say goodbye. Letting him go was one of the most selfless decisions you could've made. Your son is grieving & will someday understand that you did the right thing for Coal. I had to make that same choice when my 8 year old doberman couldn't walk. It's been almost 3 years & it still hurts, but I'm able to talk & share stories about my Rommel with more joy & less saddness. My thoughts are with you & your family, I know how hard it is.

Sky2Mina

10 Year Member!
Bangkok
I'm sorry for your loss. Lost a dear dog too. It was a few years ago, but I still miss her. Dogs are amazing. Keep him in your memories.

Floof

10 Year Member!
Southern California
I am so, so sorry for your loss. I can only imagine the pain you and your son are going through.

I have yet to have to make that decision, but I feel that day may be coming soon. My boxer girl is 12, and doing fantastic for her age... But that won't last forever. I came to terms with that 4 years ago, when she passed into the "average life expectancy" range of her breed, but that won't make it any easier when the time comes.

dds7155

5 Year Member
Im sorry too, i love tortoises but a Dog is family ,,

Status
Not open for further replies.