I LOST BABY RUNT!!!

MichiganFrog

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Northwest Florida
Here are a couple of photos of her new and improved wall. There's pretty much no way for her to wedge herself between the wall and tree like she did before in order to knock the wall down. After her ordeal, Baby Runt is actually pretty much afraid of this section of her pen, and she's only now starting to explore again. Poor thing...

WP_20161104_002_11-04-2016.jpg WP_20161104_003_11-04-2016.jpg

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
I've just seen this, Sibi and I am so sorry you had to go through such a terrible ordeal but so very happy she has been found and isn't any worse for her adventure.
Take care

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
I've just seen this, Sibi and I am so sorry you had to go through such a terrible ordeal but so very happy she has been found and isn't any worse for her adventure.
Take care
Thank you. I don't ever want to go through this again. In fact that pileup my hubby put together still isn't secure enough for me. In fact, if she really pushed, I'm afraid that some of those cement blocks will fall on her. I can't have that. So, only when I can sit with her will she be allowed to roam around. When I have to take care of the other boys, I put her back in her huge enclosure and close the door so she can't get out. Then, when I can get back to her, I let her out again and watch her from my kitchen window. If she's out of my sight, I go looking for her to see where she is and what she's up to. Hopefully, I'll get that wall double reinforced and I don't have to be Hawkeye :p

GingerLove

5 Year Member
Is there anyway you could put chicken wire or something around the outside just to reinforce it if a block fell? That way you could relax more when she's playing. :)

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Is there anyway you could put chicken wire or something around the outside just to reinforce it if a block fell? That way you could relax more when she's playing. :)
I never thought about that. Yeah, that's a thought. However, I still want to rearrange the blocks and put rebar to reinforce the wall. Then, I could put chicken wire over it to prevent it from falling, if she can even push it after that. I tell you, I've double reinforced the walls for my boys who weigh about 100 lbs. and they can't budge it. I'm planning on doing the same for her. I can't understand how she could be so strong with her hine legs being so weak!

GingerLove

5 Year Member
Tortoises are so hardy, it constantly amazes me! I think your little girl's got some attitude as well. ;)

Holly'sMom

Oh I agree lol I'd hope the fence too I was not trying to make you feel bad! I'm sorry if it sounded that way ❤️

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Oh I agree lol I'd hope the fence too I was not trying to make you feel bad! I'm sorry if it sounded that way ❤️
Not to worry. It worked all out for the best anyway. I just need for people to understand that I wasn't gonna leave my poor cold baby there especially after catching sight of her. The lady totally understood too. But, believe me, I thought of the consequences of going in and getting her w/o the lady being there. I did feel bad after how nice she was to save my baby. I also knew that she'd understand too.