OliveW

Location (City and/or State)
Branford, FL
That's what I think too about escapee tortoises but of course that's only my opinion. It would be interesting to find out what their roaming range is and how long it takes them to get around it. I guess it would maybe depend on the size of the tortoise also. And then there's the miracle of being at the right place at the right time and be able to see them. My tortoise can camouflage himself really well in an enclosure I know he can't escape from.

I wonder that as well. Not sure if they tend to stick around the same area, and how big that area is.

My husband lost ours a couple of days ago. He had him out while he was pressure washing the house (water only, no chemicals or soap) and took his eyes off our boy. I'm not sure how long he was looking for him before he came in and got me to help.

Our German Shepherd must have realized we were looking for him, and found him for us. She started barking over him, running back to us, then him, barking. He was blending in pretty darn good! He was heading for the area the wild grapes were falling not too long ago, that he loved to sneak over and grab a couple. We have a large property and he knew exactly where he was going. I was glad to have our dog's help!

I feel like he needs to wear an AirTag, but I have no idea how I would attach it to him.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I wonder that as well. Not sure if they tend to stick around the same area, and how big that area is.

My husband lost ours a couple of days ago. He had him out while he was pressure washing the house (water only, no chemicals or soap) and took his eyes off our boy. I'm not sure how long he was looking for him before he came in and got me to help.

Our German Shepherd must have realized we were looking for him, and found him for us. She started barking over him, running back to us, then him, barking. He was blending in pretty darn good! He was heading for the area the wild grapes were falling not too long ago, that he loved to sneak over and grab a couple. We have a large property and he knew exactly where he was going. I was glad to have our dog's help!

I feel like he needs to wear an AirTag, but I have no idea how I would attach it to him.
German shepherds are such an amazing dog. I think they think it's their job to take care of all the critters in their homes. I had one many years ago that watched over a litter of kittens.🤗

Hailey M

Massachusetts

Yea I still can’t find mine

Hailey M

Massachusetts
Btw, have you seen pet stores? Informed neighbours? The police? An ad?

Don't give up, @Hailey M .
Yes! I’m very very anxious and depressed as of right now,I still can’t find Casey.My mother could be getting kicked out of the house as it’s a 3 bedroom and she’s the only one living there,I’m an absolute mess as of right now

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
Yes! I’m very very anxious and depressed as of right now,I still can’t find Casey.My mother could be getting kicked out of the house as it’s a 3 bedroom and she’s the only one living there,I’m an absolute mess as of right now
Am terribly sorry to hear all this.

Please do not give up and try to calm down, though I know that words are easy.

Hailey M

Massachusetts
Btw, have you seen pet stores? Informed neighbours? The police? An ad?

Don't give up, @Hailey M .
Yes i have I’m sorry I haven’t been replying to this thread.I still can’t find Casey and in extremely depressed so really all I do is go to work,isolate myself and sleep and cry multiple times a day.I don’t live in the location that he was lost,my mom does.So it’s extremely hard too spend my days looking for him while also working everyday of the week.I’m just so terrified with winter coming up.I’ve been trying too block my emotions out.I’m just devastated.

Hailey M

Massachusetts
Hi @Hailey M .

Any news as far as your tor is concerned?
No I’m sorry I haven’t been replying here much I’m very depressed,All I do is work,sleep isolate myself and cry for the most part.I don’t have a car so it’s hard to get too my mom’s house.Usually I see my bf on the weekends too try to block out everything.It’s extremely hard too look for him because I do not live at my mothers house and I work everyday of the week now.
In absolutely terrified with winter coming up.