I love my GALOP

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Not real sure if there are any other members that owns one. Cute pic. Both the tort and the little cutie pie girl:D Will be interesting to see how many there might really be.

Yellow Turtle

5 Year Member
Indonesia
Hi Garcia, may I know where you coming from? How do you get your galop?

Nice kid and galop in the picture you have :)

Radiated

5 Year Member
RE: Galap?

Nice tort but why so spiky? Where are you located?

hodari garcia

5 Year Member
We live in Huntington Beach ca I have had cpt.jack since he hatched almost 8 years ago

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
RE: Galap?

It doesn't have to do with diet, it is caused by being raised too dry during the first years of the tortoise's life. My two aldabran tortoises are "spikey" too. That's called pyramiding.

hodari garcia

5 Year Member
I had him in a 200 gallon fish tank, and would take him out a hour a day for the first 3 years.. :( I would be super sad to know caused that.But He was never smooth even as a baby

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Nothing to be sad about. We all do the best we know how. We're just now learning that humidity and moisture play an important part in growing baby tortoises smoothly. I wish I had known about it when my aldabs were babies...but that's all water over the dam. We just keep learning and do our best.

Mine are 13 years old this year:
01-05-13g_zpsec1c176c.jpg

theelectraco

5 Year Member
Are Galapagos tortoises legal to own in Huntington Beach, just curious because I also live there.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
theelectraco said:
Are Galapagos tortoises legal to own in Huntington Beach, just curious because I also live there.

They are legal to own anywhere. The buyer needs a Captive Bred Wildlife Permit to buy one across state lines. If you buy one in your own state you need no permits to own, possess, buy or sell. They can be donated, or they can be given on breeding loans across state lines with no permits. If anyone knows of a breeder in CA who will sell hatchlings please contact me.

Hello and welcome to the forum Hodari Garcia.

I love your Galap too!