I love my GALOP

Eloise's mommy

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Utah
How exciting only 8 years old!! wow absolutely amazing!!! My son wants me to get him a sulcata so he can ride it I have explained that would not be possible even if we owned one but I think he will now be asking for a galop!! lmao he's gone tort crazy like me!!!

guille24

5 Year Member
wisconsin
amazing tortoise!! i hope one day i have enough space to keep a bunch of gapago tortoises!!

theelectraco

5 Year Member
Tom said:
They are legal to own anywhere. The buyer needs a Captive Bred Wildlife Permit to buy one across state lines. If you buy one in your own state you need no permits to own, possess, buy or sell. They can be donated, or they can be given on breeding loans across state lines with no permits. If anyone knows of a breeder in CA who will sell hatchlings please contact me.

Hello and welcome to the forum Hodari Garcia.

I love your Galap too!

Good to know. You of all people would probably know.....how much would a giant aldabra sell for? Im guessing they are few and far between finding large ones for sale. Im assuming 50k-100k

carpe diem

5 Year Member
Tom said:
theelectraco said:
Are Galapagos tortoises legal to own in Huntington Beach, just curious because I also live there.

They are legal to own anywhere. The buyer needs a Captive Bred Wildlife Permit to buy one across state lines. If you buy one in your own state you need no permits to own, possess, buy or sell. They can be donated, or they can be given on breeding loans across state lines with no permits. If anyone knows of a breeder in CA who will sell hatchlings please contact me.

I love your Galap too!

I would also love to own one if anybody has any info on someone selling one I'm in california, please let me know.

poison

5 Year Member
Blake m said:
undefined

Looks like somebody is having a little trouble with posting. Try switching to googlechrome if you havent already

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
theelectraco said:
Tom said:

I love your Galap too!

Good to know. You of all people would probably know.....how much would a giant aldabra sell for? Im guessing they are few and far between finding large ones for sale. Im assuming 50k-100k

This is a question for Aldabraman. I have no idea what an adult Aldabra goes for or how available they are.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Depends on how "adult" it is. Males fetch more 50-75k for 500+ pounds, females fetch 20-35k for 180-200+pounds. Also depends on health and age. Fine lines with the giant torts.

lightsout2184

5 Year Member
I grew up in huntington beach and now live in Riverside. You should let me come see the tortoise sometime lol

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Beautiful, Just beautiful.

[email protected]

10 Year Member!
RE: Galap?

Yvonne G said:
It doesn't have to do with diet, it is caused by being raised too dry during the first years of the tortoise's life. My two aldabran tortoises are "spikey" too. That's called pyramiding.
I agree totally. I have also egyptian tortoises and everybody i see has pyramiding. proper hydration let them have smooth shells. None of my tortoises have pyramiding. In early hatchlings age it can even grown out. I have 2 bought egyptians that had pyramiding when they came in, totally gone.tortoises need water, but beautiful animal your galapagos.
Annette