I love trying to imagine what you all look like

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Lancaster
Nope. I’m too shy. ?☺️
That's ok ? I was only joking anyway. But I really do love to see a person's face just because I already like them. Or I wouldn't be talking with them. It just helps me see who I'm talking with. But it won't stop me from talking with them anyway even though I can't visualize them.

Jan A

Boulder, CO
That's why I won't let a cosmetologist cut my hair. I can mess it up better myself for free. And the voice things dont work for me either cause if you are an older person with dentures it can't understand a word of plain English... since they can't speak it either. I hate machines that think they can talk.?
A girlfriend referred me to her hairdresser, Cathy. Susan never had a bad hairdo day, even when she was sweaty. That's how you find them. Someone you know who ALWAYS has fabulous hair. The cut is always the basis for a good do.

Fortunately, I have a friend here in Skiatook who always has fabulous hair.....

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
A girlfriend referred me to her hairdresser, Cathy. Susan never had a bad hairdo day, even when she was sweaty. That's how you find them. Someone you know who ALWAYS has fabulous hair. The cut is always the basis for a good do.

Fortunately, I have a friend here in Skiatook who always has fabulous hair.....
For me there's a barbershop down the street that always has a woman barber there too. I want to go really bad but right now you have to make an appointment. It used to be before COVID-19 I could just drop in. But then I was always so pressed for time I wouldn't and would get sick of my hair and do a chop job as usual. I should take the time once in a while just to make sure they stay in business.

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
Alright since you requested ? Here is a picture of me at my junior year prom from the spring.
In February I turn 18. I don't really like to mention my age on here since I feel like I'd lose credibility but oh well ? Surprise!
View attachment 331235

Simply gorgeous!!
…and the guy ain’t bad neither! ??

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Alright since you requested ? Here is a picture of me at my junior year prom from the spring.
In February I turn 18. I don't really like to mention my age on here since I feel like I'd lose credibility but oh well ? Surprise!
View attachment 331235
That's a beautiful picture. Actually I have some people on this site that are much younger than you. I love to read their input because of their experiences and knowledge. I learn from them and sometimes the answers they get. That's what makes them credible and it's all good.?

MichaelL

5 Year Member
Ocala, Fl
That's a beautiful picture. Actually I have some people on this site that are much younger than you. I love to read their input because of their experiences and knowledge. I learn from them and sometimes the answers they get. That's what makes them credible and it's all good.?
Wow, I felt like I was one of the only younger people ? Thanks you, means a lot.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Wow, I felt like I was one of the only younger people ? Thanks you, means a lot.
Nope you're not. There's SophiaGrace lately and there has been a lot of others also. iAmCentrochelysSulcata is another if I managed to spell it right ? she cheered me up a lot when I first joined the forum ? and so many others. Some really young and some relics ? too.?. We're all just learning.?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
View attachment 331235
. . . and a fine-looking young man you are!

Age has nothing to do with credibility here on the Forum. Some of our more knowledgeable members are youngsters.

Jan A

Boulder, CO
Nope you're not. There's SophiaGrace lately and there has been a lot of others also. iAmCentrochelysSulcata is another if I managed to spell it right ? she cheered me up a lot when I first joined the forum ? and so many others. Some really young and some relics ? too.?. We're all just learning.?
And for the most part, the younger ones seem to be mostly normal when you compare them to some of us old farts.

zolasmum

5 Year Member
You're cracking me up, thanks ?
It is really good to have a wide mix of ages, all interested in the same thing, in any group - that's how progress is made, sharing ideas. Do you actually breed tortoises and geckos?.How many do you have? And is this something you want to continue in your future life, like being a reptile vet or biologist? If so, you could well be a very valuable member of the group !
Best wishes from Angie

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
I just wanted to say before I go and play with Houdini that yes, we have a lot of younger members and we have a lot of older members and and you know it... that's where we get the the experience that we pass on to other people. For instance, I am on a different turtle and Tortoise Club or something like that ...holy crap you never heard such BS being passed as chelonia care in in your life, and thus they make me feel like or they treat me like a heretic because I'm passing off this information that we learned years ago for craps sake. I keep posting pictures of Mary Knobbins this is pyramiding jerks. In this respect I know what the heck I'm talking about and I don't understand... I'm trying to be respectful and nice and not my usual personality but I just want to strangle them. Instead I'm going outside now that the sun is up and see how many moles and rats I caught during the night

MichaelL

5 Year Member
Ocala, Fl
It is really good to have a wide mix of ages, all interested in the same thing, in any group - that's how progress is made, sharing ideas. Do you actually breed tortoises and geckos?.How many do you have? And is this something you want to continue in your future life, like being a reptile vet or biologist? If so, you could well be a very valuable member of the group !
Best wishes from Angie
So I just started successfully breeding russian tortoises. I only had two babies this year but hopefully more in the future. I have been breeding leopard geckos for about three years I believe, and sell around 10 baby geckos every year. Nothing major, but fun nonetheless. To be honest I'm still not sure what I want to major in or do with my life, that may be a good choice though!

zolasmum

5 Year Member
So I just started successfully breeding russian tortoises. I only had two babies this year but hopefully more in the future. I have been breeding leopard geckos for about three years I believe, and sell around 10 baby geckos every year. Nothing major, but fun nonetheless. To be honest I'm still not sure what I want to major in or do with my life, that may be a good choice though!
I am sure baby geckos are really cute - what a great thing to do.
There is a great shortage of reptile vets - in the Uk too, where I live, and those that exist are often not up to date with their ideas. Of course, the experts on this forum really have a huge amount of knowledge, and would be pleased to help you, I'm sure. Something to consider, anyway !
Angie