I made a gel, no fresh foods, so for the inevitable zombie apocalypse we are covered. LOL

Kapidolo Farms

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
South of Southern California, but not Mexico
Four more people have gotten kits of stuff to make gels. Maybe more videos? Tom and Maci's videos are really cool. I too have used many of the products in cooking, even though all are human food grade organic, I don't want to blur the edge so as to not find myself crossing some line. In California, pet food manufacturing is slightly more restricted than human food - really. I wonder what past entrepreneur created that legislation?

Moringa in any kind of soup, stew, beans, rice dish is pretty good. It has a chewable vitamins odor, but more earthy. I can't really pin down the flavor it imparts to cooked foods. My wife and mother-in-law like it. I'd caution a little goes a long way. I think Tom hit it dead on about the hibiscus having a fruit leather kind of flavor, and that it's crunchy makes it more fun, at least for me, I like crunchy foods. Rose hips are candy.

Kapidolo Farms

10 Year Member!
Hi Guys, it took forever for me to break my learning curve to make the Kapidolo Farms web page functional again, with a hellava lot of wifely help, the marital one, not Yvonne.

I have a few friends who made the gel but are confounded by bring a link or post here, so I'll help them. NO DISRESPECT to those of you who did it on your own. I am very grateful for your expertise and participation.

I will bring them all together in a 'final post' with a tally as best as I can sort it out. But until the 30th, I'll bring some of these others here.

Each of several videos appeared to have the same link, lets see what happens here.

Pointydog

West Virginia
Got my goodie package today, it all smells great!
I'm a little impatient, so I took a few snaps and mixed it up, it's in the fridge right now and will be tortoise lunch tomorrow. I will probably run the stills into a text box for the 'how to' part, then video the little buggers chowing down tomorrow.
I'm sure people will want to speed past the part where I might talk, and rush right into the cute tortoises trying to cram their faces full.
Will, thank you :)
Raspberry leaf was especially nice. My grandmother used to dry raspberry leaves to make a tea for whenever you didn't feel well. I always loved how it smelled. That smell brought back lots of fond memories...

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA

Pointydog

West Virginia
At the finish line, at the deadline....

(ok, so I now know about a few typos. I'll get a fresh version uploaded with corrections soon.
In the meanwhile, you guys can assume I already know what I screwed up.

@Kapidolo Farms
Thank you for this project, Will!
I learned that my tortoises love layer crumbles (I'd never have guessed) and that you really do have to boil that agar-agar to make it set up.
I'm suitably impressed by the beautiful and fragrant, quality ingredients you offer.
And I learned how to make a movie using my computer!

This really is a great way to have some shelf-stable, appropriate foods always on hand. I was really surprised that when I put the solidly gelled pucks on a bed of chopped dandelion and kale, my redfoot tortioses completely ignored their favorite greens to work on the pucks.

Chris

Last edited:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
At the finish line, at the deadline....

(ok, so I now know about a few typos. I'll get a fresh version uploaded with corrections soon.
In the meanwhile, you guys can assume I already know what I screwed up.

@Kapidolo Farms
Thank you for this project, Will!
I learned that my tortoises love layer crumbles (I'd never have guessed) and that you really do have to boil that agar-agar to make it set up.
I'm suitably impressed by the beautiful and fragrant, quality ingredients you offer.
And I learned how to make a movie using my computer!

This really is a great way to have some shelf-stable, appropriate foods always on hand. I was really surprised that when I put the solidly gelled pucks on a bed of chopped dandelion and kale, my redfoot tortioses completely ignored their favorite greens to work on the pucks.

Chris
Aw man! It says I have to sign in to see it.

Kapidolo Farms

10 Year Member!
TA Tom Arbour. TFO 7 FB 11. $68 Store Credit
DK Dana Knepper. No video ?
EJ Ellen Jones. No Video
KH. Kelly Hull No video
TN. Tandy Nelson. No Video
EB. Ericka Buckreis. I was not able to see the image/video
CA. Chris Asmann Video upload issue
CL Christine Light. TFO 3. FB 33. $36 Store Credit
MH Monica Houghtling. No Video
MJ Macy Jacob. TFO 7. $57 Store Credit

If you don't agree with my tally, please let me know at [email protected]

Pointydog

West Virginia
Sorry about the problem viewing, I've fixed it.
This is the first time I've shared a video on any public place, so it's a good learning experience.
I'm not interested in any prize, this was just for the fun of doing it.

Pointydog

West Virginia
The great afrobeat drummer Tony Allen, who plays drums on the track I used for this video, died yesterday while I was busy fitting everything together. May he rest easy.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Sorry about the problem viewing, I've fixed it.
This is the first time I've shared a video on any public place, so it's a good learning experience.
I'm not interested in any prize, this was just for the fun of doing it.
Sorry I missed the deadline to 'like' your video. You did a great job, and your boiling water pour instead of boiling the agar will help others not make the same mistake. But the tortoises didn't seem to mind it wasn't set up firm!

Kapidolo Farms

10 Year Member!
The great afrobeat drummer Tony Allen, who plays drums on the track I used for this video, died yesterday while I was busy fitting everything together. May he rest easy.

Spectacular music. I'm not an audiophile in the sense of knowing types and influences yada yada yada, but that sounds like tracks they play on the local San Diego Jazz station 88.3, my primary non-NPR listening place. The two methods you show gave some great insight, so I hope that works for others to see what can be done. Thanks.