I need a back up plan in case of failing health

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
I'm tentatively seeking a fellow enthusiast to take over my group of 6 female REDFOOT in the event of my death or worsening health.
This isn't something I'll require very soon. I hope.
Just a plan for the near future.
You must be a south Florida or central Florida member within driving distance.
Your name and number will be left in my papers with directions to my wife on what to do with my animals.
I no longer feel that it is wise to continue without making these arrangements.
Please contact me in a PM initially.
Ed

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
Come 'on Ed, you've got too much to do to worry about seeing the "game over" sign!

You do pose a relevant question for many of us who.....uh...."aren't 27 anymore" as my Kerry likes to remind me.

So I did, out of curiosity, ask my lawyer-son what happens in cases where care is not assigned for a pet(their word, not mine). He thought, but don't cast this in stone since your laws may be different there....but that in the event your estate should go to Probate(State court-the worst case with no Will) the little guys would likely be donated to a Conservancy. Otherwise it would simply be left to the discretion of the Executor of your estate.

BUT....if you do decide to croak, can I have first dibs on the house in So Fla????

Seriously though, many don't think of this until they have to, I hope that isn't your case brother.

jeff

Jan A

Boulder, CO
Come 'on Ed, you've got too much to do to worry about seeing the "game over" sign!

You do pose a relevant question for many of us who.....uh...."aren't 27 anymore" as my Kerry likes to remind me.

So I did, out of curiosity, ask my lawyer-son what happens in cases where care is not assigned for a pet(their word, not mine). He thought, but don't cast this in stone since your laws may be different there....but that in the event your estate should go to Probate(State court-the worst case with no Will) the little guys would likely be donated to a Conservancy. Otherwise it would simply be left to the discretion of the Executor of your estate.

BUT....if you do decide to croak, can I have first dibs on the house in So Fla????

Seriously though, many don't think of this until they have to, I hope that isn't your case brother.

jeff
I thought joining Tortoise Forum would unconditionally keep all members young forever. Wasn't that a promise & guarantee?

jsheffield

5 Year Member
Westmoreland, NH
My plan is to live forever; so far it’s working.

That being said, I’d love to develop a solid plan, with money set aside, to facilitate my torts’ future if I get hit by a meteorite or something… a person, probably from this forum, who my wife could call if the worst happens, to come and get them, or help her arrange their shipment to this person.

it’s on the list of things I need to do.

Jamie

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
My plan is to live forever; so far it’s working.

That being said, I’d love to develop a solid plan, with money set aside, to facilitate my torts’ future if I get hit by a meteorite or something… a person, probably from this forum, who my wife could call if the worst happens, to come and get them, or help her arrange their shipment to this person.

it’s on the list of things I need to do.

Jamie
My short term plan has the whole group going to Ryan at SOUTHERN REPTILES.
I live fairly close to him and itd be an easy thing to do.
So. That's plan A

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
So, you didn't answer.....do I get the Fla house?

LOL

You've got it solved Z, at least 1 workable plan. If you spend some time on the 'net, I'm sure you will find lost of other safe, none-pay places that would love for them to move in.

jeff