I need food RECORMENDATIONS for my Russian tort

AlishaT

5 Year Member
I didn't check out the link from Tom yet (but I sure am going to) but I will just add my little bit. During the entire summer I kept my russian Walter out in the yard with the little mobile fence thing. We had a huge dandelion problem and so I would move him around the yard with his mobile hour and his hide to keep him out of the sun when he needed a bit of shade. I placed it over sections where the patches of dandelion were bad and he ate to his hearts content. Believe it or not by the end of summer I had to actually find dandelions which in my book is freaking awesome! Ok back to your question, for at least three months Walters diet consisted of the dandelions and a sprinkling of calcium a couple of times a week and he thrived. Every few days I would throw in some rose petals if he been behaving. My point is that as far as I could see that alone was enough. I'm sure though that he was eating some grass and if he came across it clover too. I can't wait to see what Tom told you though. Tom, as a rule, is always right!