I need help choosing a new dog food

Sully06012018

Location (City and/or State)
Ocklawaha, FL
My dogs have eaten Nutro Ultra dog food for several years.
I started about 6 years ago when my dog developed what we thought was a food allergy. And now that that dog has passed away, our new dog still eats it.
She is a teacup Chihuahua. All of 2.8 pounds. She eats a small scoop of dry ADULT TOY BREED food that she takes all day to eat. And one third of a package of the "wet" Nutro pate. Twice daily. This seems to work because her weight is about perfect.
Recently, Nutro has become harder and harder to find. And when we can find it, it's the wrong size pellet or for senior dogs, etc.
Our primary pet store sells Blue Buffalo and products by Merrik.
I know nothing about these.
Can anyone give me some information on some truly good food for my little friend?
Cost is unimportant. Quality is my concern and since ALL BRANDS claim to be the best....
Thank you.
Ed
Try getting it through Amazon. I use Blue Buffalo for my Mini Dachshund and had the same problem with finding her type so I now order her food and treats and it comes right to my door. No more hunting.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
To my wifes HORROR, I actually ate a small bit of this stuff. And it tastes surprisingly like actual people food. With actual beef, potato and carrots.
Suki likes it and I'm going to ad it to her routine.
Maybe also place it into my Redfoots menu as well.
I gotta say, I'm impressed so far.

Attachments

• 20190611_190554.jpg
    20190611_190554.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 5

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
I feed Purina pro plan for my 3 chihuahuas. They all have access to dry during the day and then my 3.5 pound little one gets canned twice a day with her medications. Her cardiologist recommended it. She has heart disease but has also had pancreatitis in the past. We have found this to be a good balance of protein, sodium and fat.
I have also been feeding the Purina since it was recommended by a few folks whom I respect and seem like they would actually know.
Still I'd rather give my girl a treat every now and then in the form of something appropriate.

MPappagallo

Myrtle Beach, SC
No.
She's not picky at all.
I have been feeding homemade food to my chihuahua and shih tzu for years now, and they are doing great. I make boiled chicken or turkey, shred it up with slightly cooked sweet potato, greens(spinach, kale, broccoli, green beans...whatever I have handy each week), a bit of fish oil and some brown rice. I mix it all together in a big bowl and freeze it in sandwich bags. Each night, I put one in the fridge for the next day...sometimes I heat it lishgtly before they eat it...sometimes not,. They both seem to love it, and I make a week's worth at one time so it doesn't take long.

Mull112

Burton
We feed acana high in protein grain free good quality kibble 60 bucks for a 30lb bag