I need help keeping my enclosure warm and humid

Status
Not open for further replies.

RussianTortoiseCraze123

5 Year Member
Hi! I have a hatchling BBM tort, and i need help on keeping the tank a nice temp and humid. Any tips? i was thinking a top would help. Please let me know!

leonardo the tmnt

5 Year Member
RussianTortoiseCraze123 said:
Hi! I have a hatchling BBM tort, and i need help on keeping the tank a nice temp and humid. Any tips? i was thinking a top would help. Please let me know!

Yes a top will help. Also spraying the enclousure with a sprayer everyday. What substrate are you using? I recommend coco coir, spaghnum peatmoss and Cyprus mulch these all hold humidity and don't mold.

RussianTortoiseCraze123

5 Year Member
leonardo the tmnt said:
RussianTortoiseCraze123 said:

Yes a top will help. Also spraying the enclousure with a sprayer everyday. What substrate are you using? I recommend coco coir, spaghnum peatmoss and Cyprus mulch these all hold humidity and don't mold.

Ok. Would plywood work? with some light holes so the UVB can get in? I have cypress mulch (forest Floor by zoomed) in my enclosure. Im just afraid if i mist it and it gets cold, he will get sick. Im hoping to make the top this weekend

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
A wet and cold tort will get sick. Btw, spaghnum moss will mold. Coconut coir doesn't. I've heard cypress doesn't either. I have use the spaghnum and it does mold.

RussianTortoiseCraze123

5 Year Member
wellington said:
A wet and cold tort will get sick. Btw, spaghnum moss will mold. Coconut coir doesn't. I've heard cypress doesn't either. I have use the spaghnum and it does mold.

Thats what i thought. Thats why i need help keeping it nice and warm as well :D Yes, i use cypress mulch, no mold.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
What are the temps you are suppose to have for your tort? With a leopard, we keep the temp at 80 day and night. We don't do a lower night temp, as we have a humidity of 80%. If that helps you out at all.

RussianTortoiseCraze123

5 Year Member
wellington said:
What are the temps you are suppose to have for your tort? With a leopard, we keep the temp at 80 day and night. We don't do a lower night temp, as we have a humidity of 80%. If that helps you out at all.

Around 80 and 80% humidity

Status
Not open for further replies.