I need some ideas for an indoor enclosure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NolaGirl

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
New Orleans
I have a baby Sulcata that's almost 2 months old. It is currently housed inside of a large plastic storage container with the lid cut in half and positioned over the hide. I want to upgrade. I'm looking for some ideas to build a table or closed chamber indoor enclosure. Can you guys post some pics of your enclosures? My father agreed to help me build something for my tort. I just have to give him an idea. Thanks. :) :tort:

NolaGirl

5 Year Member
New Orleans
NolaGirl said:
I have a baby Sulcata that's almost 2 months old. It is currently housed inside of a large plastic storage container with the lid cut in half and positioned over the hide. I want to upgrade. I'm looking for some ideas to build a table or closed chamber indoor enclosure. Can you guys post some pics of your enclosures? My father agreed to help me build something for my tort. I just have to give him an idea. Thanks. :) :tort:
Hello?

LuckysGirl007

5 Year Member
Surprise, AZ
Go into the enclosure section of the forum and look around. I know I have seen lots of different ideas there. Also, try searching "indoor enclosure" and see what pops up. There are so many different possibilities. That way you dad can get some ideas of what he needs to build also. I do suggest something with a closed chamber to keep in humidity though.

NolaGirl

5 Year Member
New Orleans
LuckysGirl007 said:
Go into the enclosure section of the forum and look around. I know I have seen lots of different ideas there. Also, try searching "indoor enclosure" and see what pops up. There are so many different possibilities. That way you dad can get some ideas of what he needs to build also. I do suggest something with a closed chamber to keep in humidity though.
I really want to build a wooden closed chamber enclosure. I can't find any pics other than Tom's. He has close up pics of the enclosure. I need pics of the entire structure in detail. I don't want my Dad to spend all of the time and effort on building this thing for me, only to later find out that something needs to be changed. I want to build it properly. Uggghhh...

There are lots of examples of tortoise tables and bin enclosures. They all look really nice, but they don't hold humidity well. I want to build something that retains heat and humidity. I also want to build something large enough to be able to house my baby Sully until it needs to go outdoors.

Blakem

10 Year Member!
California
You can make an open one and just make a plexiglass lid? Just an idea, I don't have one made. Hopefully someone chimes in!

cyan

10 Year Member!
Georgia
Here are 2 of my closed chamber enclosures. The first one has wire covered basking areas where the other is completely enclosed. Even with the wire top on the bump-outs the main enclosure stays 65-70% humidity. I used it for hatchlings. The top 2 levels are 4x2x2. The bottom is 2x3x2. The larger enclosure is 6x3x3. Hope these pics help:) PM me if you have any questions
Cyndi
IMAG0776-1-1-1.jpg

IMAG1829-1-1-1.jpg

NolaGirl

5 Year Member
New Orleans
cyan said:
Here are 2 of my closed chamber enclosures. The first one has wire covered basking areas where the other is completely enclosed. Even with the wire top on the bump-outs the main enclosure stays 65-70% humidity. I used it for hatchlings. The top 2 levels are 4x2x2. The bottom is 2x3x2. The larger enclosure is 6x3x3. Hope these pics help:) PM me if you have any questions
Cyndi
IMAG0776-1-1-1.jpg

IMAG1829-1-1-1.jpg
Thank you soooo much. :D Those look fantastic!

SailingMystic

5 Year Member
Chester County, PA
I went to the Home Depot and we built mine right there!! Remember you have to get it home :) I used an old screen door frame and put mesh wire so the lights could rest on it-- turned out great!! It's on my Facebook page for my web site: Dianespetcarepa.com! Scroll down to find it- 2 posts. Home Depot has offered me a job as a result of making the turtle table. They are there to help you! It was about $80!!

NolaGirl

5 Year Member
New Orleans
Carlos83 said:
:D

SailingMystic said:
I went to the Home Depot and we built mine right there!! Remember you have to get it home :) I used an old screen door frame and put mesh wire so the lights could rest on it-- turned out great!! It's on my Facebook page for my web site: Dianespetcarepa.com! Scroll down to find it- 2 posts. Home Depot has offered me a job as a result of making the turtle table. They are there to help you! It was about $80!!
Thanks, Diane! I just checked it out. That's a great idea! :)

SailingMystic

5 Year Member
Chester County, PA
Since it was made I put wood over one end to create a hide as well. They love it :) I love the ease of lifting the door. Leave the door knob or handle and hinges- it all comes in handy. If its old be sure to sand it down and repaint or spray paint. My local Home Depot said they are busy making tables!! I have low legs under mine too. Basically the built the shell as a frame-- i can make it larger if needed in the future and add on :) Note mine was long enough for my torts-- so where the door doesn't cover, is the hide. It was fun to make. They love the space! I love how versatile it is and easy to clean.

Status
Not open for further replies.