I need Sugar Glider help please..

Status
Not open for further replies.

harris

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Ohio
I suddenly feel the need to smoke a cigarette.

Tortoise

10 Year Member!
Canada
I'm not sure if its my internet connection or what but the photos you posted won't fully emerge-I can see a few inches of each.Just wondered if there was an error or its just my computer and this so-called high speed!!

the few bits I can see look really adorable!!

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Tortoise said:
I'm not sure if its my internet connection or what but the photos you posted won't fully emerge-I can see a few inches of each.Just wondered if there was an error or its just my computer and this so-called high speed!!

Working fine for me. :cool:

Tortoise

10 Year Member!
Canada
Jacqui said:
Tortoise said:

Working fine for me. :cool:

Guess it is my computer then.:(
Thanks for clarifying that!

M

Maggie Cummings

Take this as a lesson, he is almost dead this morning because I didn't take him to the Vet yesterday. I's totally my fault. He is dying in my hand

SulcataSquirt

5 Year Member
Missouri
maggie3fan said:
Take this as a lesson, he is almost dead this morning because I didn't take him to the Vet yesterday. I's totally my fault. He is dying in my hand

Oh no Maggie! So sorry to hear that. But don't go blaming yourself either - you did what most of us would of done, used resources until you could get to the vet you know. Hope everything works out okay for him.

Tony the tank

5 Year Member
That sucks..But...Where there is life...There is always hope...prayers sent your way..

M

Maggie Cummings

I did everything I know to do and he died in my hand this morning. The breeder I got him from and several other people say that there was something else wrong with him, that the penis prolapse was a secondary problem. That they don't die from a prolapsed penis. But I still feel very bad I didn't take him to the Vet, or get up in the night and put more KY on his penis. He was urinating thru it and he ate almost as much as normal at dinner last night. However, despite whatever anyone has said holding him in my hand as he died was heart wrenching.
The Vet that was available to me at the time was the same Vet that allowed my Big Bubba to die at his hospital. He took one look at Bubba and said, "Well, he's toast". Now how in the hell do you say something like that to a keeper who is in tears beside herself? I loved Big Bubba with ever fiber of my being and to have him die like that was devastating. He wrapped my Big Bubba in a bath towel and handed me his body without even an I'm sorry. I despise that man and would never and have never taken any more animals to him. So I guess I let my ego take over and that little glider died because of it.
He was nine years old, getting up there for a glider and it has been suggested that there was organ failure that caused his death. So I don't know what you all are thinking, maybe I am not a good keeper. Maybe I shouldn't be allowed to have any animals. I don't know, I did my best, but that wasn't good enough. It has been suggested that the Vet wouldn't have been able to do anything anyway. Who knows? I just know it hurts and my confidence is shaken because of it...

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Wow the vet said that? I am sorry to hear him passing, you have my sympathies.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
I am so sorry Maggie! I am sure you did everything that could be done.

Status
Not open for further replies.