I need to find a new home for my Russian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Impulsive Adopter

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Pennsylvania
I am no longer allowed to keep my Russian so I'm trying to find a home for him.

Does anyone have any advice on where I can look to find a good home?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
That's a bummer. I'll move this thread over to the "adoptions" section. Are you wanting to sell the tortoise or just find it a good home?

kimber_lee_314

10 Year Member!
So Cal
Are you willing to ship, or are you looking for someone local?

Impulsive Adopter

5 Year Member
Pennsylvania
Local I think. One of the reasons I can't keep him is money. And I think he's sick too, so I don't want to stress him. I'm gonna call a vet when they open Monday

Floof

10 Year Member!
Southern California
If you give a little info like where you are (I see your profile says Pennsylvania--where in Pennsylvania are you?), what sex he is, and an email or the like to reach you at, there might even be someone here who would want him...

Otherwise, you can post on your local Craigslist--just be very careful to screen potential homes thoroughly, so you know they'll take care of him right!!--or look for a local Herp (reptile) Society... Pennsylvania has a big enough reptile community that there should be one near you. You might be able to find a home by posting on a local Herp society, or, even, a lot of Herp societies have rescue programs that may be an option, since you're concerned about his health and affordability. For that matter, I know there's a few Turtle and Tortoise Clubs around, you might look to see if there's a TTC for your state/region.

Just a couple ideas for you... Good luck!!

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
why do you think he is sick? Why cant you keep him anymore?
I would try the vet and rescue first.. if he is sick. he should be adopted out to just anyone... it needs to go to people who know what to do. If you can make a donation to help pay for his care, that would be good too..
Good luck.

SailingMystic

5 Year Member
Chester County, PA
Impulsive Adopter said:
Local I think. One of the reasons I can't keep him is money. And I think he's sick too, so I don't want to stress him. I'm gonna call a vet when they open Monday

I'm in PA-- where are you?

Impulsive Adopter

5 Year Member
Pennsylvania
Sorry it took so long to post again. Unfortunately, it turned out that he had a pretty serious upper respiratory infection. I didn't (and still don't) have the money to care for him, but I was able to find someone who did. He got the medicine he needed right away, which is what he needed. He's now re-homed and is doing much better!

SailingMystic

5 Year Member
Chester County, PA
Thanks for this update. If something doesn't work out let me know. How long has he been in the new home? Did you recommend they join the forum?? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.