I really need your help!! (red spots on legs)

JeanD

Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
Hi guys, I’m new here. I have recently spot two red spots in my leopard tortoise’ armpits. They are both in same place. I have noticed that they are getting bigger even though she is growing slowly. Does any of your tort have this problem before? I am so much in worry if there is something wrong with mine. I couldn’t find any post related to her condition. I attached some pictures of the red spots. Please help me if you have any idea of it. Thanks so much in advance.

6DD75FA9-8837-4464-914A-FD2AF1898185.jpeg 1185343B-88AB-4873-8E99-93BCFE6BD70B.jpeg B9067200-EAD7-4780-976B-F2B9C7E9B205.jpeg BA0D306A-D249-49C7-B610-D6B1E011B613.jpeg

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
I really hope they are just scratches. Thanks for your help.
Septicemia is pink or reddish.
I just don't think I see that here.
You can dab some antibiotic cream on the spots. It wont hurt to do so.
@Yvonne G what do you think?

JeanD

Arizona
I don't think it's anything to worry about. Feel the edge of the shell for sharpness.
The shell’s edge is not sharp at all and I don’t see how she can have that scratch from the upper shell tho. It is just the angle of the pic that might make us feel like the spot can touch the shell.

DesertGirl

5 Year Member
Fabulous Las Vegas, NV
Hi guys, I’m new here. I have recently spot two red spots in my leopard tortoise’ armpits. They are both in same place. I have noticed that they are getting bigger even though she is growing slowly. Does any of your tort have this problem before? I am so much in worry if there is something wrong with mine. I couldn’t find any post related to her condition. I attached some pictures of the red spots. Please help me if you have any idea of it. Thanks so much in advance.

View attachment 282941 View attachment 282942 View attachment 282943 View attachment 282944
Beautiful shell

William Lee Kohler

5 Year Member
Eugene, OR
It's not a scratch but a friction abrasion. My 45 year old Red foot got one on his neck from a sharp spot on his upper shell when he was pretty young. I put a piece of tape on the friction spot and some ointment on his neck for a couple months(the tape)and after that it was no more a problem.:cool: