I received a sad pic today

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
CA
I received an email today from someone who wanted diet and husbandry help with their leopard today, and I recieved this pic. Now to my eyes it looks pretty bad but as I am no expert I am not sure. I have tried to direct him to this site but he seems hesitant to visit here so I read over some leo posts and offered my best advice, What do you think I should tell him about the shell he seems to think the tort is healthy and happy but I am sure that this is a pretty bad case of pyramiding, I of course do not want to unduly worry him but I usually try to be honest with people online who ask for my help, So my question would be is this a bad case of pyraming (I think so), should I tell him so, he seems to want honest answers, he said he got ir from a rescue from a foreclosed house in Northen California that had over 100 turtles but the owner left them behind. So anyways thanks in advance for any tips or advice.

Attachments

• GetAttachment.jpg
    GetAttachment.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 175

Nay

10 Year Member!
Belchertown Ma
Yes, of course your right, it is a case of pyramiding, but the good news is, if your friend is looking for diet and husbandry advise, things will be better for the leo.. Now the poor guy has a chance for a better home. My 2 Redfoots are awful, as far as a display for bad husbandry, but I have had one for close to 10 years and hopefully he and the other one will continue to live a very healthy life and leave the past behind.
Take care Na

Driesa

5 Year Member
This is normal carapace that occurs 1/100. Most are smooth.
I also own one that is now mature and lays eggs 5 to 10 times per year.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Driesa said:
This is normal carapace that occurs 1/100. Most are smooth.
I also own one that is now mature and lays eggs 5 to 10 times per year.

Hi Driesa: Why don't you tell us a bit about yourself? Please go to this forum and introduce yourself and your tortoise:

http://tortoiseforum.org/forum-15.html

Status
Not open for further replies.