I think he’s dying.

IRTehDuckie

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Utica. MI
He is pretty small to be left alone outside, I personally wouldn't do it until he is pretty durable and not "soft" anymore. He/she is so adorable though. Ants are relentless... When I first moved my sulcata outside ants were terrorizing him! I thought this was impossible to deal with and he will just have to stay in the garage. He has all his proper enclosure stuff dont worry.. Anyways, I had to put baking soda around the barriers of his enclosure.. It keeps the ants out and it will NOT hurt Gibbs if he eats it either.
The ants are gone now and Gibbs is thriving :] I would still move him inside for a bit, put baking soda around his area outside and inside his hide too, I put baking soda literally everywhere. Gibbs is 6yrs old and easily over 50lbs. He is a chunko, Ill have to post pictures of my man later. His enclosure is 12ft by 25ft. His hide is 6ft by 6ft inside of a shed [heated shed, im in MI] I hope I helped!

SULCY

NEW YORK
Grass is great for him. Grass and weeds. Never heard not to give young ones grass. If he eats it give it to him.

Karairene

Kernersville, nc
Okay- here’s an update. I brought him inside, got the lighting elements, warm soaks, cuttlebone (will also get powder), humid hide, moist substrate to help with humidity, fresh water..... he looks a lot better. The spots on his face and legs got bigger but I’m hoping they’ll start to go away if they are in fact ant bites. I also only have ac in two rooms in my house so I have him in one of the rooms that doesn’t have AC.

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
Hi @Karairene and welcome to the forum.

Sincerely hope to hear your cute little tort is now better.

Please keep us updated.

LaLaP

5 Year Member
Portland, OR
Oh no! This has been a heartbreaking journey to read. I can't imagine how it's been for you. I'm so sorry.

Bambam1989

East Texas
I'm sorry this has happened. If/when your ready to try keeping a tort again, know that the forum is here for you.

Chloebark

Northern Indiana
So so sorry for your loss. I’ve recently been there too. It sucks feeling so helpless when you’re doing all you can. I hope you’re able to care for another in the future.